Harvest Time

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Motomom34, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Ahhh, Home made canned Borsch, takes me back to Grand Mom's Kitchen with her in her funny little apron singing old Russian nursery rimes and growling and Grand Dad to keep his fingers out of stuff!
    ...........And Pickles, boy howdy were those awesome at pickle making time, the whole farm smelled like a pickle jar, and that top secret formula of hers was to die for!

2. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Blanching up the last of the sweet corn today:
    [​IMG]

Wife grew some inside the hoop house this year (above is from outside garden) and had ZERO corn ear worms on it. Takes up a lot of space, but we may have to expand for corn.

Ganado likes this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

@TnAndy - do you dry any corn/make cornmeal or Masa?

4. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Didn't this year....still have buckets of dry field corn left from past years. Have ground (actually put it in a Vitamix blender that pulverizes it to meal) and used in the past.

SB21 and DKR like this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well, we got about 20 pounds of concord grapes. Mashed the hell out of them, added a bit of sugar, a campden tablet, and peptic enzyme .. got the SG to 1.1. Tonight is the yeast and we shall see where it goes from there.

Ganado, SB21 and oldawg like this.
  1. Alanaana
    Media

Starfruits!

In flight
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    My first oranges are turning orange!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Sep 19, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 10, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
  6. Alanaana
    Media

Avocadoes

7. Alanaana
    Media

Lemon_Guavas

I always plant flowers close to my fruit trees.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Guava season is here!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
    Media

Lychee

The BEST Kind of Gains!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
    Media

Bananas

It's Bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Dunerunner
  14. alaskachick
  15. Motomom34
  16. TnAndy
  17. natshare
  18. Seepalaces
  19. Asia-Off-Grid
  20. Bishop
    Thread

The harvest

how to clean a deer . . . . [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Sep 10, 2018, 3 replies, in forum: Bushcraft