Hate the Police?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by TNZ71, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Tackleberry....My intention was misunderstood, I should have been clearer. I have a full understanding of both probable cause and Terry stops. My inference was that far too often, police have no right to search, they manufacture it hoping to find something because they "just have a feeling". I have seen it myself waaaay too many times.

Be honest, if your a LEO, you've seen it too.

And yes, I agree, there is a LOT of good things, and good cops that we just never hear about from the media, and there are some cops that see the problem and are trying their best to change things.

2. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Krieg Hündchen

3. Tackleberry

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Whoa tex! I'm not talking about welfare... When a citizen is arrested and restrained in handcuffs they obviously are at the physical mercy of the officers and jail staff. Therefore I see it as your responsibility to see to it the individual is not harmed before being processedinto thejudicial system where a Judge and Jury decide if any laws were broken and if punishment is warranted.

I see this thread has gone right to the edge..and should be allowed to wither to a quiet death.

I;m done I've expressed my points ( aguy whos lifetime "criminal record" consists entirely of two speeding ticketets 10 and11mph over on state hiways. I carrieda gov(mil) badge for 8 years., But I certainly don't equate that experience withbeing a patrol officer. I am not involved in the criminal side of life nor woud I ever be.Of course dissent seems to be a criminal offense nowadays( and I like to bitch...)

5. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

If you had anything to do with that..... then you honestly just earned a hell of a lot of respect from me, and I salute you.

added:
    I think you may have misunderstood Tango's intention.

6. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Well, once again we get into this Glorious crap. I don't like the war but I respect our troops. I think all cops are crooks, wife beaters, drug dealers, theifs and liars but I respect the job they do. Bullshit. If you respect the job they do then you have to respect the person doing the job. Lets see I know alot of carpenters and painters that are drunks therfore all are drunks but maybe not one or two.
    Like Tackleberry said there are a few that shouldn't be cops. Most are weeded out by training officers, more are weeded out by the other cops.
    Now we come to the beating in handcuffs. Those that do should be fired, charged with the appropiate crime and do time. Same with the old but continually brought up plunger issue. If memory serves me correct were'nt they fired charged with a crime and convicted.? If so then justice was done. Sorta like that speeding ticket. Ya got it, it was ligit you paid it and you move on.
    As far as searches go well if they ask and you say no you may not search it pretty much ends it. If they have the search warrant then you saying no means diddly. and here's a big news flash. If they have a warrant and you say no and try to stop them then yes you will go to jail. It's called interference and if the warrant is ligit which around here you can't just go get one in 3 minutes so all the ones I know of are then you let your legal council fight it out in court.

Now we come to real crux of a issue. Chances are if you feel that the local po-po in your area are corrupt then more than likely you will think the search warrant is corrupt but your legal council will be in league with the said po-po as is the courts. Which means that you are in a lose,lose,lose,lose situation. If that is your case then it would appear to me that your best choice is to move somewhere that you don't feel this way. The secondary choice would be to live life don't go around with a bumpersticker that says "if you need a cop wave a doughnut" .
    Most cops around here that I know hunt, own guns, and think that ccw is the best thing to happen. They also know that they can do their job on some tasks without doing their job. Picture the cop shaking his head no as he asks "do you have any guns here?" He asked you said no he had no PC to go in the house so he moves on.

And I agree with Tango on this point. (don't pass out bud) We all have our opinions, I'm done I've expressed mine. Now before I get more than a tad P.Oed I will see if Tango, Ghrit, Quig and pretty much anyone else wants to go have a beer. I'll buy first round.

Take care Be safe. Poacher.

7. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hey, you can't go buying beer, that would distort the image that all cops are bad!taser1

[beer]

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Kansas, here I come, just isn't clear when. Last time I was there, I didn't have time for a steak to go with the beer --

Stay cool --

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[boozingbuddies]SSSSHHHHH! I'm trying to let this devil thread slide into the ooze... Hope I didn't offend anybody including our working officers...:)[boozingbuddies]

10. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Its time to put a fork in it and call it done, I can help out with helping it die off.[beat]

11. Tackleberry

Consider it oozed.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7