Have you seen this vehicle? "The Sherp"

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by GOG, Oct 10, 2021.

Tags:
  1. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Pretty neat vehicle powered by a 3cyl diesel. If I was Mr. Big Bucks I could be tempted.

2. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

For a mere $145,000 to too can be yours. Prolly not today though

mysterymet likes this.
  3. Alf60

Alf60 Monkey+++

There was an episode on Jay Lenos Garage a couple seasons back where he had one to play with.

4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Yeah, that much dough can be spent a whole lot more practically. Like on guns for instance.

techsar likes this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Naw, No suspension, source specific tires, skid steer, and low cruise speed, Not much usefulness here!

Got a CAT log skidder, much more betterer at pretty much everything, dosn't float too good, but I can work around that!

SB21 likes this.
  6. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I was impressed with the earlier version, it was smaller and looked almost like those tumbling toy cars the way it handled.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I'd rather go with an Argo...smaller, less expensive.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

That or the Cushman Trackster, way more useful, smaller, and lots of power! We absolutely love ours, wife uses it daily, prefect for farm/ranch work around our place!

9. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I'm about to purchase a chinese made Coleman 200cc minibike for getting around my place. Beside the obvious, it might be good to have for some chores. I'll have to find some type of hitch setup.

BTPost and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I am afraid my Biker Days are far behind me, but I really like my Kubota Diesel SbS for getting around the alaskan bush…

11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

You can "Tune" the ride by messing about with the tire pressures a little, plus, lower pressures usually make better traction in the loose or wet stuff!

Rockfish Dave likes this.
  12. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Good to know, thanks @Ura-Ki.

I'd prefer four wheels but I'm on a minimal budget for this one. There's no boonie bashing at my place. It's either open or thickets of brush including blackberries or pretty much vertical so it's easy duty for man and machine. It's got a pretty low center of gravity so two wheels should be okay.

Rockfish Dave, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I've been interested in the Sherp for years, and if you do some research you may find a method to get one for a fraction of the price from Russia. The only catch is shipping the damn thing over here --that will hurt the wallet. If it wasn't for the ridiculous price, I'd have one already. Watch the video where it destroys everybody at a mudbog rally, fun stuff. It's also great on ice and can boat you across water no problems. The engine is super reliable. Carries extra fuel in the wheel hubs, can climb anything, has a diesel heater for cold climates and runs separately, can be easily modified, and those tires...good luck destroying them. It's an amazing vehicle.

SB21, Airtime, GOG and 1 other person like this.
  14. alaskachick

alaskachick A normally quiet snow monkey

And for all the grief I gave him about his addition of a welded on “A frame” that made it look very mad max-like in my opinion……… I used that A frame and the winch so many times this past summer in the bush by myself that I’m not complaining any more and glad it was there. :)

Gator 45/70, chelloveck, GOG and 2 others like this.
  15. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Thanks @Rockfish Dave.
    My health has decided to go South, so unfortunately my budget priorities have changed in the past few weeks. No bike, atv or trailer because I've got family stuff that takes priority.

Gator 45/70, Rockfish Dave and SB21 like this.
  16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I remember getting googly eyed over them bikes in the 70s looking at them in Dads old Popular Mechanics/Science magazines.
    Man I sure went on some adventures in my mind dreaming about them machines,, they say you can float them across water because of the buoyancy of the tires .

GOG, Gator 45/70 and Rockfish Dave like this.
  17. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Over at Fab Rats, they do an off road rescue of a Sherp

Seems it was on a genteel slope and tipped over.....

18. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yeah, they tipped it over from winching. That's proper 'Murican stupidity right there. [LMAO]

GOG likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7