Heading Toward An EMP Catastrophe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Jul 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

Family Security Matters

Motomom34, Tully Mars, wnn and 7 others like this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Hex, NK wouldn't even notice an EMP event. Ok, maybe the half dozen or so that have computers and TV's might, but the general populace? Not so much.

Here in the states? Well, I'd be out of one job and then on to the next phase of life. Fixin' stuff and farmin'. Bring it. I'd rather be physically tired at the end of the day as opposed to mentally. Easier to get some good sleep. Well once the golden hoard diminish a bit. ;)

3. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Second only to total economic collapse this is what I prep for the most. It is a low risk cheap way to destroy America and I do not believe the culprit would fear retaliation from Obama. Once done likely only 32 million of US would be alive in a year and all our resources would be for the taking. The remaining powers would divide the spoils of America.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    Tully Mars, Brokor and Yard Dart like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I'm not so concerned about what I would do. It's more about timing. No vehicle, no electricity, no water. If you are in town and have a place out of town you have to get there before other people realize what is going on.... it's the when that gets me.

pearlselby, Tully Mars, Dont and 2 others like this.
  5. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I live 48 miles from my BOL. Think everyone is getting bicycles for Christmas. Just going to put them in the attic until I move permanently.

BlueDuck, Brokor and Ganado like this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Great article! It is well articulated and covers every aspect of this reality concerning EMP.
    Whether man-made or natural, the U.S. is not prepared for an EMP.

7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

The bottom line is, as it always is, we need to look to ourselves to prepare. However, with the talent that is present here, all monkeys should be eating steak or bacon, drinking ice cold beer and watching DVD's of the road warrior..

Ganado, oldawg, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  8. Brokor

Beer. Gotta pick up a new case, thanks for reminding me. ;)

9. wnn

wnn Guest

Timing is never gonna be on our side.thats why you/ myself & others are here..if it happened & we knew ahead of time it would just be a vacation & i'd have a bowl of popcorn & beer sittin back watchin the shtf & laughin.funny thing is we as preppers are WAYYYY ahead of the game. The other day i was watchin Nova & they had a show on called "why plane dissappear" it was on malaysian flight 370. If a group snatched it & rebadged it ,with its capacity & range the could detonate a nuke over the usa /name a country & shut us down. Only tbing is from what ive read it would have to be triggered @ 62.5 miles up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2015
    Ganado, pearlselby, kellory and 2 others like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just a NOTE, here... as @Brokor says, "the U.S. is not prepared for an EMP" However I submit, that there are NO Second, or First World, countries that are prepared for an EMP Event....

11. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I think the .gov attitude is based on "It either won't happen while I am in office or, if it does, my career is screwed anyway so who cares". Of course, I have been accused of being a cynic in the past (go figure)...

pearlselby, Ganado, oldawg and 5 others like this.
  12. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Then we're back to mutually assured destruction.

pearlselby, Ganado and BTPost like this.
  13. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.

14. Yard Dart

So with an EMP strike.... who has the most to lose.... definitely not NK...... mutual assured blackout don't mean a thingy to them ;)
    Just Lights Out for us :eek:

Ganado and T. Riley like this.
  15. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Most of their pouplation's lives would go unchanged. With world wide retaliation third world countries would have the least to lose while developed countries would be almost totally destroyed. Karma is a bitch sometimes.

pearlselby likes this.
  16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just remember, Anyone who has the Stones to fire off an EMP Weapon against the USA, better have a Very Deep Hole to hide in, and enough provisions to stay down for the rest of their days, because their entire Country, will be "A Glass Parking Lot, and Hundred Year Hot Zone." Courtesy of the USA Air Force, Ballistic Missle, and Stategic Bomber Commands.... Just Pointing that out....

Ganado and wnn like this.
  17. Brokor

Very little happens without authorization from the secret government. There's practically no such thing as REAL warfare.
    If an EMP strike ever occurred, it's more likely to be invited while outwardly being condemned.

18. Yard Dart

In Obama language.... "that would be leveling the playing field".
    Another means of distributing income for sure.....

19. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

".... It is clearly unfair, to have electricity for some and not for others, so the only fair thing to do, is ban electricy......" Obummer.

20. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Any president that would want to make a retaliation strike on NK would have to ask china for permision.. Have to go to their masters for permision.. Any strike would be delayed long enough so any active participants would be removed from danger. Then any strike would be splashed all over the world as proof that we are evil.. And the fact that we where first harmed would be ignored.. And, unseen here...

1. DKR
  2. Waydah
  3. UncleMorgan
  4. The_Prepared
  5. Ganado
  6. apache235
  7. scpn
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Lancer
    Resource

EMP theory 2018-04-11

Stumbled across this while looking for old schematics.
    Posted By: Lancer, Apr 11, 2018 in category: Communications
  11. Lancer
  12. 3M-TA3
  13. arleigh
  14. Witch Doctor 01
  15. T. Riley
  16. Yard Dart
  17. Dusty308
  18. Motomom34
  19. Bishop
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7