Heading Toward An EMP Catastrophe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Jul 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

Brokor,
    This is exactly what I think too.

Ganado likes this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

While looking for EMP resistant vehicles, I ran across this: http://www.empcommission.org/docs/empc_exec_rpt.pdf

This report is probably old hat to many here, but us neophyte 'nanner eaters like me might not have seen it before.

I thought it was interesting that the biggest impact to vehicles is that running vehicles might stall and would likely start right back up, regardless of how new or old. I'd expected that all modern IC based electronics would fry, rendering a newer vehicle unusable..

Ganado likes this.
  3. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

In fiction, all the cars stop except pre 1980's autos, but I really doubt that will be the case. I have read the same report. However, everyone at my house is getting bicycles for Christmas. My 18 year old daughter is going to be real surprised this year by Santa.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and Diesels, don't forget the Diesels...

Yard Dart likes this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@BTPost. So diesel won't get mixed? This topic is so confusing to me. Could you say more or point me in the right direction?

I have buildings grounded for lightening and after chatting with kells... apparently that isn't enough.

6. BTPost

Ok, just for you..... Diesel Engines that have mechanical Valve Trains, and Injection Pumps, need NO Electrical components to remain running, once Started. That means they are immune to EMP. METAL Buildings are NOT EMP proof, Period... They leak RF like a Sieve, and that means they are not EMP Proof, even if Grounded. If you want to protect your Backup Electronics, your cheapest & Best type of protection, is to store them in a Sealed Container, that is buried TWO FEET, under the surface of WET GROUND. EMP Energy travels on the surface of The Ground, (Earth) and will not penetrate that deep, unless you happend to be Right Under the Detonation. CME isn't a real big issue for ANY Individual who has his/ her backup Emergency Power Plan already in place. Just separate your System from the Grid, and just wait out the Solar Flare Passage. Your chances of doing that are much better than your chances of having ANY damage of you own stuff, from even the BIGGEST Carrington Effect Issue. Now if you are part of the National Grid, you can kiss all the Transformers, GOODBYE..... IF YOUR Stuff is on the Sun side of the planet, when the CME hits...

DuxDawg and Ganado like this.
  7. BTPost

@Cruisin Sloth You must have missed the "Mechanical Valve Train & Injection Pump" qualifiers......

8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Thank you BTPOST

9. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Something else that many aren't aware of is that many drivers in the ECM (or PCM, TCM or what ever the particular car mfg wants to call it) are protected by circuit breakers to protect against overload. They (usually) will reset once the fault is corrected. This was NOT the case in the early computer-controlled vehicles, so a new vehicle may be more likely to start than an older (computerized) model.

Ganado likes this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

My son who cannot drive just watched a video that was a compilation of information on EMP/ CME threat. When he mentioned that he had watched it, I asked what he thought. He replied, "We are stupid". Meaning the gov't knows the threat, EMP's are real and that the effects would devastate because no steps have been taken to protect against this threat.His second statement was we need to move. I asked if he meant North to Montana or some place and he said further. In his opinion Alaska would be the safest because the video he watched had the statistic that in the first year 90% of the population would die. I think that is a real high number and told him so. I really do believe that 90% is a high number unless there is wide spread illness which is a high possibility.

Purpose for this post- I do know if a youngster can understand and realize the impact then our politicians who are allegedly smart people should be able to understand the impact. I do believe that some steps have been taken to protect the officials of the nation. Like @T.Riley new bicycles for Christmas and a bicycle baby trailer, the kid agrees these are must haves.

Ganado, BlueDuck and Yard Dart like this.
  11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Motomom34 smart mother= smart kid.... just saying.... you are training them to think by asking questions and helping them develop their reasoning and thinking skills rather than just telling them. That is great parenting! Not that you need me to tell you that. :) just admiring your paranting skills

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Most people don't know how to cook their own food anymore much less grow or hunt for it. If someone does not bring it to them, ready to eat, tens of millions will starve.

Yard Dart likes this.
  13. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

add to that clean water, shelter, and the means to survive in general.... most have no clue. There is a minority of us now days that have grown up doing it or training for it.... times will be tough, let alone dire for those that have not. ;)

T. Riley likes this.
  14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I agree - the 90% estimation might be low, except for those living between a Doritos factory and a Coca Cola bottler.

Yard Dart likes this.
  15. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I love Doritos... don't be a hater.... and don't tell my Primal friends. ;)

3M-TA3 and Ganado like this.
  16. BTPost

It is Cheetoes, that does it for me.....

3M-TA3, Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  17. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Cheetos! Yum!

3M-TA3 likes this.
  1. DKR
  2. Waydah
  3. UncleMorgan
  4. The_Prepared
  5. Ganado
  6. apache235
  7. scpn
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Lancer
    Resource

EMP theory 2018-04-11

Stumbled across this while looking for old schematics.
    Posted By: Lancer, Apr 11, 2018 in category: Communications
  11. Lancer
  12. 3M-TA3
  13. arleigh
  14. Witch Doctor 01
  15. T. Riley
  16. Yard Dart
  17. Dusty308
  18. Motomom34
  19. Bishop
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7