Healthy Lifestyles...

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Dark Jester, Jul 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Dark Jester

Dark Jester Quester...

I have been reading the numerous threads about those making major changes in their lifestyles in order to be more healthy. First, let me say "Bravo!" It's great to see the dedication. I wish all of you the best!

Nearly 25 years ago, I was given a book called "Scholar Warrior". In it, I found the basis to begin realistically changing my lifestyle; eating, exercise, sleep, etc. It isn't the complete step-by-step guide on how to live a better life, it is more about giving direction. One must mold their life to these guidelines.

So, my question is, will this "Primal Blueprint" work into my current lifestyle or do I need to make drastic changes? Any and all input about the "Primal Blueprint" would be helpful. Share with me your personal experience.

I have stopped counting how many times I have purchased this book to replace the ones I gave away to others.

Scholar Warrior: An Introduction to the Tao in Everyday Life: Ming-Dao Deng: 9780062502322: Amazon.com: Books

scholar.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
    Motomom34 likes this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am not a Primal person but like you I have been reading all the threads and slowly incorporating the healthy eating into our home. I like how you said, " One must mold their life to these guidelines." For us Primal would be to drastic and I spent a few weeks eating Primal and lost 6 pounds. I am not a person that needs to lose weight so I stopped that and am back at looking at how to eat healthy but maintain. With active kids I find that just meat and veggies don't fill them up for long.

Thanks for the reference of the book, I will check it out on Amazon.

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I'm sure it would fit in with a lot of alternate health going on around here.
    I started Primal 15 months ago and am always looking for ways to tweak my health and diet.

1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. jefferson
  15. fl4848
  16. HK_User
  17. Ganado
  18. Ganado
  19. DarkLight
  20. hot diggity