1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

heavy duty camp knife

Discussion in 'Blades' started by sharpeblades, Aug 28, 2011.

1. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Here is a heavy duty camp knife i just finished up .CPM-154 stainless 12in. ol & 1/4 thick .The sheath is 7/8 leather and is weight hot dipped.It has a fire steel- sharping rod and a mini lite on the lanyard cord
    003.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG
  2. tpaine1776

tpaine1776 Monkey+

That's some nice work Sharpeblades. Do you do all your own leather work too?
  3. Okie_Doke

Okie_Doke Monkey+

Just curious why you chose stainless over high carbon. Great looking knife!
  4. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Thank you sir.Yes sir i do everything in house
  5. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Okie Doke.All my knives are stainless .Ime not a fan of carbon steel .Just my personal preference
  6. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

That looks great. Wonder grinds on your knives!
  7. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I love the looks of this combo. Like Okie, I prefer carbon steel. Of course, I could change my mind on SS if you wanted to donate it for T&E ;) (still trying!)

(Seriously, this is one is the best one you've shared so far. Size, grind, finger grove- I like it all.)
    Bison_Forge likes this.
  8. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

He probably learned, like all knifemakers, that 90% of customers want stainless. I went to all stainless once I learned this, except for some D2. But CPM154 isn't just some stainless - it's a super steel that will perform very well.

I'll take it for testing - love it!
  9. sharpeblades

sharpeblades Monkey+

Thank you gentlemen for the kind words
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary