Heinz gravy recalled

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Nov 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

• [​IMG]
    Cooks who were banking on jarred gravy for Thanksgiving may want to do a quick check of the pantry.

Heinz has recalled about 500 cases of its HomeStyle Bistro Au Jus Gravy because they may have been mislabeled as pork gravy, the FDA and Heinz announced.

The mislabeling will omit that the jars contain milk and soy, ingredients that could put people with an allergy or sensitivity to milk or soy at risk.

There have been no complaints or illness reported as of yet.

Consumers should look for 12 oz. jars labeled Heinz HomeStyle Gravy Pork with best by date of Dec. 28, 2017 and a manufacturing code of MU6F04 4Q and a time stamp following the code. The jar’s UPC would be 013000798907.

For retailers, the box would be labeled Heinz HomeStyle Gravy Bistro Au Jus with case best by date of Dec. 28, 2017 and the code MU6F04. The case UPC is 10013000798508.

The gravy should be returned to the store where purchased for an exchange or refund.

Consumers can call 1-866-572-3808 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
    Heinz gravy recalled days before Thanksgiving

Motomom34 and sec_monkey like this.
  2. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Thank God no Muslims were injured by this mis-labeled pork gravy, I know that is what they prefer on their Turkey for T-Day.

Rancher

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

couldn't happen to a Nicer Bunch, if some Muzzies did get it Wrong.....

Homer Simpson likes this.
  4. svjoe

svjoe Angry Monkey

Good to know, thanks! Will go through the cabinets tonight. I don't believe we have any though..........

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thanks for the heads up @Yard Dart. I do not like that jarred gravy, I prefer the toxic dry powdered mix but this is good to know.

So what happens when a Muslim eats pork?

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Condemned to hell, doesn't get his 72. (Dunno what happens to the females.)

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  7. svjoe

svjoe Angry Monkey

Mrs. Joe check the cabinets and we have Heinz Turkey gravy vs. pork. We should be G2G

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7