Heller Denied DC Handgun permit!

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

<HR style="COLOR: #555576" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/stor...4036&catid=158

DC Rejects Handgun Application

WASHINGTON (WUSA) -- District residents can start registering their guns today. But at least one very high profile application was already rejected.

Dick Heller is the man who brought the lawsuit against the District's 32-year-old ban on handguns. He was among the first in line Thursday morning to apply for a handgun permit.

But when he tried to register his semi-automatic weapon, he says he was rejected. He says his gun has seven bullet clip. Heller says the City Council legislation allows weapons with fewer than eleven bullets in the clip. A spokesman for the DC Police says the gun was a bottom-loading weapon, and according to their interpretation, all bottom-loading guns are outlawed because they are grouped with machine guns.

Besides obtaining paperwork to buy new handguns, residents also can register firearms they've had illegally under a 180-day amnesty period.

Though residents will be allowed to begin applying for handgun permits, city officials have said the entire process could take weeks or months.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

IIRC, the main reason for rejection at first was because he didn't bring the handgun with him to register it. The local news weenies said he went back with it, I've not heard what came of that. Any bets that the Fenty organization is going to make it so difficult to get a permit that it will wind up in court again as a de facto prohibition?

3. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Krieg Hündchen

Well, if it takes a death by a thousand cuts strategy to cleanse ourselves of these laws, then so be it. With each pro-gun decision, there leaves a little less room for the anti-gunners to wiggle.

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

You know, with all the idiots, psychos, and democrats running around, if I thought for one minute that controlling guns would affect crime reduction even a little bit, I would be all for it but the simple fact remains that guns do not cause crime, they do not do anything without an idiot to pull the trigger. I also know that with all the upstanding aficionados of crack cocaine needing a source for funding their rocks, generally above obeying any law that restricts their right to take what you earn and spend it on their recreation, and the propensity of police to respond after the deed has been done, I think I'll keep my guns.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7