Heller filed another new suit today !!!

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Heller filed new suit today !!!
    <HR style="COLOR: #555576" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,392705,00.html

WASHINGTON — The plaintiff in the Supreme Court case that overturned Washington's 32-year-old handgun ban has filed a new federal lawsuit against the city.

In a complaint filed Monday in U.S. District Court, Dick Heller and two other plaintiffs allege that the city's new gun regulations still violate rights guaranteed under the Constitution.

The lawsuit cites the District of Columbia's unusual ban on firearms that carry more than 12 rounds of ammunition, which includes most semiautomatic handguns.

The suit also claims that the city's regulations make it all but impossible for residents to keep a gun ready for immediate self defense in the home.

The Supreme Court struck down Washington's handgun ban June 26. The D.C. Council passed emergency legislation July 15 in an effort to comply with the court's ruling.

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

ya, I just saw that in another board. Funny, that it didn't show up on Fox's homepage when I was there this morning. Actually, I'm not a bit surprised at that fact.

3. commoguy

commoguy Monkey++

figured this would happen

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No bottom loading? There goes the Ithaca 37, one hell of a good fight stopper.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7