Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Andrew James, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Andrew James

Andrew James Monkey

Yes I am aware of that..but as I explained I bought a piece of land from the original land owner..he pays his taxes...this was a good faith deal..I know him..he knows me..I have worked for him..and he wants me back..therefore was willing to start and do my own...the money was for more longterm..in case things should arise...things like that..all writen on paper..of course..both signed..it is a contractual agreement of both parties of course..just so everyone is covered..and yes I do agree that there are others out there in the world that also need things..and have lost things..I wish they would make themselves one and I wish the best of luck to those individuals..I'm hoping to help others on my peice of land as well..people who would like 2 try it out..or need a place 2 go..paul and terra are also registered with the local college and give credits to those in agricultural studies..that volunteer..I will have my peice on that as well..local elementary schools have field trips there to teach about farming..I want 2 be part of these endeavors..

2. Andrew James

Andrew James Monkey

Now there is a business sort of aspect to this kinda lifestyle that has been mentioned from time to time..and model almost like dancing rabbit community..which charges people to come stay on an offgrid homestead..kinda like a camping an experience.. but I'm not to sure how to go about all of that...I'm just mentioning in case you were looking for something like that

3. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Then it sounds to me like you intend that the generosity of the various contributors will go unrewarded. You really should offer something to make a contribution worth it other than some feel good deal.
    Thanks for the hint of the neighboring land, but no. I've had all I need or want of Georgia.

4. Andrew James

Andrew James Monkey

Could you give me an example to what would be something good to give to those that donate as an offer...I'm always willing to hear things out..I'm not sure what I can personally offer people..

5. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

You want fish, you need bait. "Money for nothin' and sex for free" to quote from a song that was popular a while back. You need to research the fish you intend to catch and figure out what's the best bait. I cannot, nor will I, assist you at the bait bench. This is YOUR enterprise, step up.

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

You could offer shares in your farm....

7. Andrew James

Andrew James Monkey

To offer shares..would imply that it was a business..there is no business aspect here...or atleast I didnt intend for it to be..there will be maybe later on in time joining the farmers market with paul and terra..but there is no huge prophet in that...

8. Andrew James

Andrew James Monkey

I guess you could say I am..alittle naive..I was merely hoping that maybe some people out there would like 2 do a good thing..and yes i do understand that...that is not the sort of world we live in today..which is a shame in my opinion..I worked hard for many years saving..to buy this piece..and yet the whole time I still only thought of helping others..accomplish maybe a different way of living..I will be posting videos on YouTube after I am there from start 2 finish on all aspects..to try and show people that there is a different way of life..that simpler can be better..if you chose to go that route...

9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The word is Profit, not prophet.... yea,yea I can be a Grammer Nazi, on occasion....

10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I appreciate that you have a dream, to own a farm, to live a rural life and have a feeling of independence. What this looks like is that you want to do it by means of the good graces of other peoples generosity. I'd like for someone to finance my dreams as well, but I am a believer in the premise that anything given is something taken for granted. I refuse to presume that others should support my desires in my life, that is for me to fulfill those goals, through my own efforts.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    SB21, Merkun and BTPost like this.
  11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

IMO,,,a go fund me account is nothing more than being on a street corner bumming money,,,,if it's for just personal gain. Which this is ,,, in my opinion. If it's for a tragic event ,,accident ,,I can understand that. I'm In a situation now where I could use some help around my house to prepare for a couple of operations that is going to sideline my ass for give or take 6 months or more. I have always been the 1st one to help my friends when they need or wanted it. I have spent numerous weekends working on projects for any number of friends. I've spent all this time on their places , all the while neglecting my own , and they know my position. . I do not ask for help unless I'm in dire need. They'll invite me to come for a weekend cookout out , and now , I'll just say I'm working on my house trying to get ready for these surgeries. And no one offers any help.
    Now I'm telling this , not only as just a personal rant , but letting you realize how some people may look at your request for money ,,, for nothing. I have to work for my money for my own personal wants and needs ,,I can't afford anyone else's wants or needs. And,,,this is not an attack on you,, I do not mean it that way. But good luck on your venture , I wish you well , and even envy you on this venture.

12. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

FĂ ilte:)

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@Andrew James
    You've had a warning about your rather brassy, argumentative approach to SM; the warning was for solicitation. Solicitation is properly called "phishing" which to us is the same thing as spamming. Read the CoC that you acknowledged reading when you registered. You have zero credibility here, and unless/until you've been here a while and contributed to the main mission of the site, we will delete your posts if they follow this path.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7