Hello from Colorado

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tinfoil hat, Jul 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Tinfoil hat

Tinfoil hat Monkey

Just retired this spring, planted a huge garden, and then went off my rocker and bought two milk cows--getting 4-5 gallons of milk each day. Wife's busy making butter and cheese--convinced hard times are just around the corner. Anybody tried canning butter? Mom used to make a hundred pounds when the cow freshened and freeze it, but back then the grid was pretty much a sure thing. I'd like to put my eggs in two baskets, some butter frozen and some canned. Advice about canning it would be appreciated.

hitchcock4, Motomom34, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey Tree.... Pick yourself out a branch, and have a Good Look around.... Lots of good Family Folks here' outs, and plenty of information in our forums...

Oh yea, there is a thread, on Canning Butter, here on the Monkey....

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to our little oasis on the web..... grab a branch and hold on tight.... lot's to learn here!!

4. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Greetings and welcome to our tree.. We have all sorts of information and lots of opinions as well.. Look around and find the solution for your questions..

5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Glad to have you. Good people here who like to exchange information. Stay awhile

6. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Welcome and congratulations on your retirement. I think you will like it here.

7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Welcome @Tinfoil hat , Lots to see and share up here in the branches.

8. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome!

9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome TFH!! Sounds like you're setting yourself right to survive. [winkthumb]

10. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

You are very welcome here. There is a lot of info on canning and really everything else. Just want you to know we are so pleased you are here!

11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Tinfoil hat welcome to the Monkey from another Coloradan. I am glad to have another person from Colorado on here. As for butter, we have a canned butter thread located here- Canned Butter | Survival Forums It seems to not have a very long shelf life. Enjoy.

Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  12. smithcp2002

smithcp2002 Monkey+++

1. AgentPickle
  2. CaptainCalamity
  3. DurdenJames
  4. saki monkey
  5. old_code
  6. OlSarge
  7. TheRightToBearArms
  8. AR15gunbuilder
    New one from west Florida
    Thread by: AR15gunbuilder, Sep 28, 2020, 19 replies, in forum: New Member Introductions
  9. Bunker Bob
  10. Modus Operandi
  11. Northern california
  12. Murfylang
  13. Waydah
  14. Kruel J
  15. johnwintergardener
  16. JazzeeJ
  17. Kavode
  18. ArtVandelay
  19. MrBadExample
  20. Wildbilly