Hello from Kentucky

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jimnkaran, Jan 30, 2015.

1. jimnkaran

jimnkaran Monkey

Am new to this group but currently do live off the grid. Always trying to promote this lifestyle. Can someone tell me how to contact a moderator privately, not on a post? I need to ask a question about a post that I would like to post but cannot find a way to ask anyone in charge.

Sapper John, stg58 and Motomom34 like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

In the upper right hand corner, you'll find your avatar, and above that your inbox. You can clik on inbox, that will take you to someplace useful. Or, find an admin or mod avatar and clik on it. When it opens, there's a link for starting a conversation (which is the SM equivalent of a PM.) Convos are visible to only those invited to join it.

Welcome aboard.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I sent you a "conversation" You can reply with your question...

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey!!

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Welcome. You are clear to post about your project and we sincerely thank you for asking first.
    [coo]

Motomom34, kellory and BTPost like this.
  6. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

welcome from kentucky!

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Welcome @jimnkaran I look forward to reading about your life off grid.

KAS likes this.
  8. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Welcome!

9. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Welcome to the tree!

10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Welcome, spent a lot of time in the Bluegrass State, still return a couple times a year for the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot. Some good folks up there.

11. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome!

12. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Have a sit, and bide a while....;)

13. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

welcome and love your picture

14. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Late to this, but your welcome here!! Absolutely looking forward to reading about your off grid life! [winkthumb]

15. jimnkaran

jimnkaran Monkey

Thanks KAS, the picture is a picture of the actual cabin we live in and the creek in front is like that all year round, crystal clear and ice cold spring fed. We feel we are so lucky to live in this heavenly place.
    Thanks everyone, my wife and myself are currently living off the grid, no services available even if we wanted them. We have decided that we want to expand the area where we now live and build 6 cabins, all off the grid, for people to learn what it is like to live off the grid. Basically we want to have an off the grid learning center where people can come and spend a few nights living this way, and being able to see up close how the solar panels work, how a wind generator works and understand how and why they can live here, and need very little from the outside world. How they can grow their own food, generate their own electric and find a place in life that they can fit and be comfortable. Our only problem is we can not afford to do all of this without help. Banks say because we and everything we plan are off the grid they can not loan any money. So we have started asking for help from anyone that can afford to help us get the word out to help us make this come true. Just follow this link and it will explain what we are doing and then help us if you can and please spread this around to everyone you know. By doing this learning center we will be able to show lots of people that it is not out of their reach to live self sufficient. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give. http://igg.me/p/off-the-grid-living-experience/x/9744429

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7