1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Hello from North Florida

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hosster, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Hosster

Hosster Monkey

Born a city boy, but grew up the majority of my life in a small Tennessee town with a population of about 500.
    I now live in a town that is small by some standards (est pop 50,000) but still to large for me.
    I would move, but for certain reasons (mostly wife and kids), I am unable to.
    I foresee an economic collapse in my lifetime and would love to live off the land, but due to my circumstances, I am forced to learn some urban survival.
    That is why I have come here.
    In the event of an economic collapse or PAW, I have basic survival skills, but always would like to learn more. Namely hunting... I have guns that sit in my house for protection and occasionally go to the range. It seems like a waste to me if I don't take up hunting.
    Any Florida people who think the same way as me, feel free to message me. It seems most the people I know seem to think they will always be able to rely on city water and the local grocery store.
    Maybe I can find some people who think different here.
  2. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome Hosster!
  3. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey++

Hello and welcome; good luck with the preping.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn Mosquito Sailor

Hosster, If you don't mind my asking what county are you in? I am west of Gainesville 30 miles or so in Gilchrist county. I am not urban like you, I have to pipe sunlight into my hidden chunk of heaven.
  5. von bohmen

von bohmen Monkey

Welcome from Tenn.
  6. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

7. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

"You cannot pick your family." - You can disown at will. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" - Not on your life. Family sometimes are enemies. "We will always have the goob to take care of us and if not, we'll just go visit Hosster." - Run man run.

And welcome to the tree.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary