Hello from North Georgia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by maddad63, Jan 29, 2014.

1. maddad63

maddad63 Monkey

Looking forward to sharing information with everyone here

Kevin

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

How's the weather? I have been checking out reports on how so many were not prepared for the storm.

maddad63 likes this.
  3. maddad63

maddad63 Monkey

It's just really cold...and yes I agree...so many people are not prepared for this weather.
    I always travel with back up supplies and emergency gear. Never let my fuel tank below 3/4 full....food ...water...BOB....GHB....back up heat...etc
    I bet a lot of people have learned a lesson....be prepared
    It's better to have and not need.....than to need and not have :)

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey @maddad63 ..... grab a branch and hang awhile!!

maddad63 likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey Tree... Pick yourself out a Branch and have a look around.... Lots of good information here and plenty of good folks as well.... Now as to the above.... Some will learn, but most will NOT... and when it happens again, they will be in the same Fix..... .....

maddad63 and Motomom34 like this.
  6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome to the monkey!

And, no, there wont be a lot of people that learned a lesson. They will complain about how the government didn't do enough to protect them. Heard the mayor of Atlanta say that he made a mistake in ordering all businesses and schools closed at the same time and that is what caused the grid lock on the freeways. While I'm sure it contributed to it, it was not the cause, it was the ice.

I grew up in MN, and my parents made sure I always had emergency stuff in the car, and I keep that same mentality here. Yes in the south it can be below freezing for days on end and you need to be prepared. Just like we need to prepare for the hot summers.

I agree with you that it's better to have and not need than need and not have.

kellory and maddad63 like this.
  7. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome @maddad63 from a former Bullock County boy! You are in the right place!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7