Hello from NY

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wrc223, Aug 12, 2011.

1. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Hello everyone from the southern tier of NY. My name is wayne and I just found this site while doing a search for survivalist forums. I have been into survival or "prepping" for a little over 15 years now. Over those years I have amassed a tidy collection of goodies and supplies. I have gone off on excursions of a month or more many times over the years and have put my learnings to the test. Many were successful....some were not.
    I also enjoy firearms and own many. My favorite is the AR platform however I own many other rifles and shotguns as well (AK's, FAL's, Enfields, remmy's, Winchesters, etc).
    I have a small farm and plenty of land, natural water supplies, and woods with plenty of wild game.
    I live in a VERY small town. It consists of a Fire station (that I am a member of) a Church (that I am a member of), 3 dairy farms, and about 2 dozen houses. Lucky for me, many people in town are like minded with me so I am incredibly happy with where I have chosen to hunker down if the SHTF. I hope to learn new ideas from you folks and I also hope to share my experience with you as we discuss the things that interest us.

Cephus likes this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to our Monkey Tree, you will feel right at home here, sounds like....

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Welcome.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Welcome. Sign a gas lease yet?

5. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

No I have not.
    Dont think I will ever either. My property borders the Chenango river which is a protected waterway for the Chesapeke watershed and the NYS DEC has ensured that all regulation will prohibit any drilling/fracking near or on my land.
    While I would like the financial winfall it would provide, I dont think I could reconcile that with the destruction it would do to my land and the game that runs freely around here.
    All in all, I wouldnt sign any lease and would go to great lengths to protect my land.

6. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome Wayne,you are in the right tree...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7