Hello from Pittsburgh.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sludgefactory, Aug 28, 2012.

1. sludgefactory

sludgefactory On Hiatus Banned

I'm Dave, I'm from Pittsburgh. I'm new to all this survival stuff. I was mainly trying to make emergency plans for when i go camping but u figure i may as well go all the way and prepare for anything. Right now I'm putting together a survival walking stick. I have the stick all sanded and ready to seal. Then I'm going to make a wrap handle with innertube and paracord and stash some extra supplies underneath. Eventually I'm going to get a ka-bar zombie killer war sword as it looks pretty impressive and is a good price for me. I'm hoping to learn some tricks and get some tips on putting together my supplies. I'm also looking at getting either the dead on annihilator or a Stanley fubar 3. Thanks for reading, I'm sure I'll be posting frequently

Owner of Shumps LLC, maker of fine shumps and shump accessories.

2. sludgefactory

Where is a good place to purchase a good bag? I looked on Amazon but they have so many and i don't want to get one that's going to fall apart but i also don't want to spend a small fortune.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Pretty broad question. What do you want to put in it?

4. sludgefactory

That's a good question. I guess just some basic emergency stuff. First aid, maybe some kind of food supply. I really have to look over some more of the basics on this site to find out what all i need. Ultimately a bag big enough to hold some basic stuff and also to be able to add on to as i get more. I'd like something modular too if possible.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Check out the gear reviews.

6. sludgefactory

I have already found several good reviews. I think I'll be able to make a good choice from them. Thanks.

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Cool! Hey, you are most welcome from my corner of the arena. Your one post earlier was a little strange, nice to know you're not a BOT from China. And you go by the name of "DKerns" from the reef2reef web forum? I am having a hard time figuring out what your tag line means, actually. lol

8. sludgefactory

That's me. I'm on the reef hub now more often though. No one gets the Shumps, that's kind of the idea. Lol

I think I'm having problems with tapatalk connecting to this forum for some reason. I think that's why my other post turned out weird. It seems like it got truncated or something.

Brokor likes this.
  9. captjeep

captjeep Monkey

Take a look at Nexpak. I stumbled across one in Estes Park and ended up buying it. I payed $25 for one of the huge hiking backpacks (4700 cu inches). I've only had it since June but it feels and has behaved like an extremely sturdy pack. They have other models as well that may fit your needs better. Worth a look at least.

10. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Hi Dave from Pittsburgh.

I am TheEconomist from Pittsburgh.

welcome-to-the-family.
    welcome-to-the-family. welcome-to-the-family.

11. captjeep

captjeep Monkey

I'm also from the Pittsburgh area (Johnstown) as well. Living in Texas presently though.

12. sludgefactory

Lots of Pittsburgh guys. Hopefully i can learn a lot on here. Thanks for the welcome.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7