Hello, from the bush of Alaska

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BTPost, Nov 22, 2010.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just a NOTE, here from a NEW forum Member.... The name is Bruce, and I live far out in the alaskan Bush. There are no roads that come anywhere near here, and the only way in, or out, is via bush Plane, or boat. Nearest Grid is hundreds of miles away, so I generate ALL my own power. My Close Neighborhood is considered 10 Sq Miles, and the local Neighborhood is considered 100 Sq Miles. As I stated in my profile, I am a reTired Federal Agent, and have lived a long and productive 61 years. Had many interesting, and educational careers, in those many years, and I strive to learn something NEW, each, and every day.
    If your interested in the who, what, and where, for "Me" I have a Website, BTP Homepage, that will give you the jest of my "thing". I am married, with children, and grandchildren, My wife is an RN, and is semi reTired, from years as a Traveling Nurse, specializing in High Risk Labor & Delivery. I have expertise in Generators, Off-Grid Power, Communications, Networking, Computers, and in my youth, held Blasters Licenses in four States. If I can provide any information to forum members, all you need to do, is ASK.
    Be See'en you around....

Bruce in alaska <BTPost>

2. Old Sarge

Old Sarge Old Sarge

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will enjoy this forum and all that contribute. I admire your freestyle life. I was stationed at Eielsen AFB, back in the early 60's, and enjoyed the outdoors to the fullest.
    Had a couple of friends who were homesteading, but of course they were at North Pole, which is/was a metropolis to what you have. I envy you.

3. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

Welcome to the forum bruce I to wish i were in Alaska. that is truly a garden of eden there. I envy you greatly. anyhow welcome and enjoy your stay.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

thank you, all... It does look very interesting so far... Ok, Well I have made a bunch of comments, and now I will read for a few days, and see how things go... Seems like a wonderful Site and I appreciate the oppurtunity to contribute.

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Welcome BTPost. Great to have some experiences like yours added to our forum.

6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome to the Monkey, I look forward to hearing about your experiences.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7