Hello from the Mitten

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rusty Shackleford, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I have been a prepper since before it was mainstream. I have only recently gotten more serious about it in the last 2-3 years or so. I live outside of Detroit so civil unrest is near the top of what I prep for. I am employed full time as a Firefighter/Paramedic. My lovely bride of 7 years is also on board with prepping and for that I am very blessed. She is also an R.N. The bulk of our knowledge is in the Medical (obviously) and firearms side of prepping with some wilderness,hunting,fishing,camping etc experience. I am hoping to increase my knowledge in Communications and Bushcraft and so I hope you will be patient with me as I ask questions and continue to learn. I realize you can't know everything but I would like to know a little about a lot. Not a lone wolf style survivalist just want as much info as possible.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself, I'll be posting soon.

Guit_fishN likes this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Welcome aboard fellow Michigander! Hope you are outside of Wayne county at least.

3. No such luck. Not yet anyway looking at job possibilities elsewhere.

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome Rusty. Glad you found your way to our doorstep. As we are fond of saying, our light is always on.

5. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Welcome.

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Well Rusty, You will find much to read in the Comms, and BushCraft, forums here on the Monkey..... So pick out a branch, and dig in...
    Again, welcome to the Monkey Tree......

7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Welcome!!

I hope you'll find most of our members to be both patient and kind (that's my experience here, anyway). One of the best things about being a Monkey! :)

8. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

Welcome aboard... You'll find lots of good info here. There are quite a few Michiganders on board. Including yours truly....

9. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome to the Monkey tree!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7