Hello from the Mitten

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rusty Shackleford, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Hi all,

I have been a prepper since before it was mainstream. I have only recently gotten more serious about it in the last 2-3 years or so. I live outside of Detroit so civil unrest is near the top of what I prep for. I am employed full time as a Firefighter/Paramedic. My lovely bride of 7 years is also on board with prepping and for that I am very blessed. She is also an R.N. The bulk of our knowledge is in the Medical (obviously) and firearms side of prepping with some wilderness,hunting,fishing,camping etc experience. I am hoping to increase my knowledge in Communications and Bushcraft and so I hope you will be patient with me as I ask questions and continue to learn. I realize you can't know everything but I would like to know a little about a lot. Not a lone wolf style survivalist just want as much info as possible.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself, I'll be posting soon.

Guit_fishN likes this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Welcome aboard fellow Michigander! Hope you are outside of Wayne county at least.

3. No such luck. Not yet anyway looking at job possibilities elsewhere.

4. RightHand

RightHand Pioneer in a New World Moderator Founding Member

Welcome Rusty. Glad you found your way to our doorstep. As we are fond of saying, our light is always on.

5. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Welcome.

6. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Well Rusty, You will find much to read in the Comms, and BushCraft, forums here on the Monkey..... So pick out a branch, and dig in...
    Again, welcome to the Monkey Tree......

7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Welcome!!

I hope you'll find most of our members to be both patient and kind (that's my experience here, anyway). One of the best things about being a Monkey! :)

8. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Lost in the woods

Welcome aboard... You'll find lots of good info here. There are quite a few Michiganders on board. Including yours truly....

9. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome to the Monkey tree!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7