Hello From The NW!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Leeuhhh, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Leeuhhh

Leeuhhh Monkey

We haven't had much snow this year, so I think we are safe from flooding for now! Even though I can't hunt on my immediate property, there's tons of hunting available in the area. I'll have to get my cousins to help me learn.

Sapper John and kellory like this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

You should be safe with a large garden, almost all the time. But you might want to sandbag around it just to be safe
    I personally, would add a sump pump well at the lowest part, and set a battery backup sump pump to stand guard, ready to pump excess water back over the sandbags.

Leeuhhh likes this.
  3. Leeuhhh

Leeuhhh Monkey

Sandbags are a good idea. I will definitely be coming to you guys when Im ready for power. I am clueless lol.

4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Sorry Your numbers are all fictitious and send folks on the WRONG road.

This can be somewhat true , but to keep food at a stable frozen temp to EAT !! , you can be creative , but know the temps & don't make your own poison !!!

NOT , Kell stated hunting blind is great , Flood plain on a hill is good also , but flood plain is something to ALWAYS to remember in any building . Oso folks weren't ,,,,,but clear cutting got them (no one will bring that up ) . Always $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Stilts are great for pile driver type , Know the geo real well & go back in time to see the future.. Mike won't help , But they have records , In my 2 areas , I have them , thing is many other things have changed to deflect the rain etc. Plus the under road culvert was increased to 12feet over 4 , so all that makes a HUGE difference . So where are You in the PNW ?

Sloth

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    Leeuhhh likes this.
  5. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Easy enough to get cheap propane fridges and furnaces from scrap RVs....little bit of cutting inside and that lil freezer on top expands to the entire fridge...still small but suitable for storing small game I'd think.
    *note* i've never tried this...though I do have a scrap 1975 RV in the back yard so I prolly should...

Welcome to the monkey OP.

Leeuhhh likes this.
  6. Leeuhhh

Leeuhhh Monkey

Yeah someone else told me to check the records out so I'm going to do that. I know there was a major flood in 2007 or 2008. I live in tacoma and this property is just outside of randle on the cowlitz river. I will likely be buying another property (probably in eastern wa) a little later on down the road which will be more of a permanent thing.

7. Mindgrinder

Kel, blackberries....clearing them for a large soil garden is a never ending chore and the soil sucks usually. Go vertical for your garden....since it's flood plain...hmm...floating gardens? Couple of these on skids with barrels maybe?

[​IMG]

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Welcome from a former Washingtonian Live in Tacoma in the Sixties...originally from Moses Lake area...

Leeuhhh likes this.
  9. Leeuhhh

Leeuhhh Monkey

maybe I should just build myself an arc, lmao.

Mindgrinder and kellory like this.
  10. kellory

Or grinder may have a point. You could use PVC barrels and make a floating greenhouse. Keep it teathered securely in place, but it could rise and fall with the odd flood.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    Mindgrinder likes this.
  11. kellory

Mindgrinder likes this.
  12. Leeuhhh

Leeuhhh Monkey

Yes I am loving the floating greenhouse idea actually. And now I want to go hunting and build a smoker. You guys are a bad influence, hahahaha.

Mindgrinder, melbo and kellory like this.
  13. kellory

As far as I'm concerned there are only two seasons. Hunting seasons, and prep for hunting season.;)

Leeuhhh likes this.
  14. Mindgrinder

People call me a lot of things...(ahole usually)....but nobody ever called be stupid.
    :)
    The floating gardens idea is total winsauce.
    The smoker build is prolly more easily achievable....granted...i'm not sure how good an idea it is to smoke meat in the woods with your black bear friend...

Leeuhhh and Tully Mars like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7