Hello from the UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mousetrapper, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Mousetrapper

Mousetrapper Monkey+

Hi all,

Since Matt Savinar appears to have taken down LATOC (Life After the Oil Crash) forum I'm missing a fix of survival hints and tips and this seems like a nice place.

I'm in the north of the UK and have been prepping as much as time and finances allow. I'm always on the lookout for good ideas and hope I might be able to share some of my own.

Won't be anything on firearms sadly.

Mousetrapper

2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Welcome abopard Mouse trapper...

3. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Welcome! there's fish, chips.. some other stuff I can't recognize but tastes pretty good.. enjoy the show :)

4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I think that Bubble and squeek or toad in the hole.... but won't swear to it...:D

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

haggis

6. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

Welcome!

7. Mousetrapper

Mousetrapper Monkey+

Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding is the normal one we get from the French i.e.

"Le Rost Bif"

8. gettingoldsucks

gettingoldsucks Monkey+

MouseTrapper: Welcome from Northwest Pa

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Welcome. Is LATOC down for good?

edit: Just read the announcement. Any reasons why?

10. Mousetrapper

Mousetrapper Monkey+

As far as I can tell LATOC is down for good, just what I picked up from a couple of comments on 'The Oil Drum' Drumbeat. I think the gist was technical issues, server overload, etc. were getting him down.

It might well be worth be worth setting up a sub-forum for peak oil, or other issues which could result in all the knowledge here getting use for real.

11. Rex Lee

Rex Lee Monkey+

Welcome from Texas!

12. lynnie

lynnie Monkey+

Matt Savinar did have a brief sentence at his blog that he thought too many people were using the forum as an escape and were not doing anything to actually prepare. He may have been discouraged in his outlook as some of his mods were going full steam ahead with homesteads, and certainly doing their best to influence others towards long term sustainable living, or at least reduced standards of living. Also, he said it was costing him 250/month for the site, and 3,000 a year is a lot.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7