Hello from Upstate NY

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gomer, May 16, 2010.

1. gomer

gomer Hooligan

I checked in at thenewbie thread but it looks to be the custom to say hello from here as well.

I'm a 34 year old blue collar guy in a green collar job. I've been a prepper for a while but have only been able to get really serious about it over the last three years.

I build bikes and 4x4s in my spare time as well as putter around in the garden. I have the hardest time talking to my significant other about prepping as she sees little logic in the lengths I'd like to go in our preps. Things like ham tickets, radios in each vehicle, more than a few days worth of food and water put aside...

After that is money. We just don't have a lot but we try. I'm a big fan of the barter system however and am always willing to trade work for goods or whatever. Occasionally I find something I have that I don't need that interests someone else.

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome gomer....:)

Some of my best friends are hooligans... ;)

3. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Hey Gomer. I'm a Central NY'er myself.. welcome to the show.

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Welcome to the Board.

5. toydoc

toydoc Monkey+++

Upstate

Hi gomer. I used to live in Binghamton area but couldn't stand the winters. Something about snow knee deep to a tall camel, that just ain't right. I now live in west central Mo and still think I need to go a bit further south.

Welcome and hang on to your hat. Things sometimes go fast here.

6. gettingoldsucks

gettingoldsucks Monkey+

[stirpot]Hey Gomer: Welcome from another newbie from Upstate Pa.

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Hey gomer, welcome to the monkey tree. I just used gomer pyle in an example here on another thread.... guess I will have to switch to Beetle Bailey... I don't think we have one of those yet....lol

8. gomer

gomer Hooligan

I get that a lot so it's no big deal. The difference is my screen name stands for:

Get
    Out of
    My
    Emergency
    Room

Long story, that.

9. moss man

moss man Monkey+++

Welcome! Lots of great people here with lots of great information

10. groovy mike

groovy mike Immortal

Howdy from the east side of upstate