Hello, My Monkey Bruthas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Guerrilla Tactical, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Guerrilla Tactical

Guerrilla Tactical A Well Dressed Monkey

Thanks for the very warm welcome, everyone!

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Your welcome. You may want to use a darker color, I could barely read what you wrote. And @Witch Doctor 01 is correct, we like recipes. I have currently been researching good camping foods

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  3. Guerrilla Tactical

That's actually a pretty awesome video! I watched it for the first time a few weeks back, and it got my creative juices flowing, for sure.

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  4. Guerrilla Tactical

Yeah, I'm trying to figure that out. The light blue is the only one that would show up when I was writing. I have a dark background on my desktop. I only now realized it was posting that color.

5. Guerrilla Tactical

Ooh, I got some good recipes! My favorite is a recipe I call Packer's stew! It's super simple and great for long trips! All you need is some beef jerky, broken into small chunks, a potato, an onion, and a carrot. Add other veggies and foraged foods, along with some added salt and pepper if you want it soupy, or a couple packages of beef gravy mix(making a roux is awesome if you want to get complicated), and then cover it with water, hang it above your fire and bring it to a boil. Once it's boiling, pull it away from the fire a few more inches and let it simmer until the potatoes are soft enough to fall off a fork. Of course you gotta stir it every now and then. :)

6. Guerrilla Tactical

All thanks to a Chrome plugin called Dark Reader. I thought it was the forum. ;P

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

We have Monkey Dark style, which can be selected in your Preferences.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. Guerrilla Tactical

Awesome.

9. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

We also have monkey Style for those like "Gun Kid"

Motomom34 likes this.
  10. Guerrilla Tactical

Mmm, I do everything 'monkey style'...

11. Guerrilla Tactical

So guys and gals, I want to make clear to you that I am here more to let you know what I am doing in respect to starting a business right now, than I am here for showing off my product. What that means is, among other things like I previously mentioned(at least to the mods. I've been doing a lot of writing to a lot of people tonight), I want to discuss how starting a business relates to survival. I'm currently formulating a game plan here, bear with me please.

I do want to show you my product, badly so. Because it is awesome. But what is more awesome to me is the act of actually building what it takes to bring it to you. This is a really cool journey I'm on, mostly because I was led to believe for various reasons through my life that it was out of reach for me. Until I really started digging through the Internet, of course. Forgive me my slowness! I've been in the woods under a rock most of my life!

To start off, let me really introduce MYSELF.

I'm just a dude. A crazy man. A party animal. An artist, a lover of the outdoors. I lived a wild life. Literally. Nothing special of course. A trouble maker and a delinquent most of my young life. Stayed outdoors as much as I could. I came from your typical American family, broken and dysfunctional. I probably experienced everything most millenials take to the net today to whine about, in spades. Unlike what seems to be happening with modern youth though, it made me a stronger man. It didn't make me dress in girl's clothing.

I've been on a rather spiritual journey these past many years, which has caused me to become more forward thinking, and more concerned with other's well being than my own. Because of this I have found myself taking on more and more responsibility until today where I find myself leading a crew of amazing people who perform amazing work for our local community. I was always a natural leader, but for most of my life I led those I love into trouble. Nothing serious mind you, we just had lots of fun at the expense of civility and social manners. In other words we were rather rowdy in our youth!

Today, after many adventurous years of being a renegade, I find myself settled down, older, more mature, and with a family to love and care for. And now I also have a treasure trove of valuable experiences and wisdom to share with others. Like, "Don't break the law, Mmkay?!"

Yes, I still have a rebellious streak. I was born a rebel and I will die a rebel. Can't help it. It's in my blood. But love runs richer. And after all I am responsible for in my short life, I want to make the other half of it count for something better. If I can help you to do better than I have, Well that's just awesome. There's simply too much pain and misery in this world today, and it seems to me that too much of it is our own damn fault. I did it all to myself, and it took me a long time to realize this simple fact: I can do better. All it takes it the initiative to make the needed changes. Nothing else. No degree, no high IQ, no previous experience, nothing but initiative!

And I see myself in every dysfunctional episode that plays out today in our current events. It's as if the entire world suddenly became spoiled, selfish, and irresponsible over the past ten years, at the same time I was slowly learning to become a better person. I find myself in that awkward position where all my life I was punished and looked down upon for not "fitting in", not "following the crowd", and "not respecting the law", and as I transitioned into what society wanted me to be, society itself transitioned away from that ideal and into the rebellion I once had in my heart.

I don't regret it. I am a better person for it today. Screw society. And I have the respect of my crew. It's because I want to be a better person. Not for me but for them. They NEED a GOOD leader! It's the only servitude that really fulfills. When you feel forced to serve another it becomes resentment. When you do it out of love, it becomes duty. The same goes for following!

I want to give that to you as well. It is my duty.

And it will make me happy to do so.

12. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Welcome and be welcome

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7