Hello to the Survival Monkey Forum and THANK YOU from Alma

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Alma, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Alma

Alma Monkey

Hello Everyone,

A Google search led to SurvivalMonkey.com's “Ham Radio - An Elmer’s Guide” and after browsing it, I decided to register just to thank the creators of the guide because it is much more informative than any of the other ham radio operator guides that I have come across.

I paid $59 for an online ham radio operator course and about $20 for a Technician Class amateur radio license preparation book, neither of which contain even half of the information that SurvivalMonkey.com's “Ham Radio - An Elmer’s Guide” provides for free, so I am very, very grateful and just wanted to say a big “THANK YOU!

Alma

KAS, GOG, chelloveck and 1 other person like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey Alma!! There is much here to learn, glad you found a great resource to help you!!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    melbo likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Monkey

Thank you Yard Dart!

I am studying for the ham radio test, and don't have reliable internet connection, so won't be around much. Have a great evening!

Alma

melbo and Yard Dart like this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

@Alma, welcome to the tree of knowledge, ;). Lots to learn here, and Elmer aplenty. There is a growing group of new hams here as well. I'm a new tech, myself. There are phone app study guides as well, that is what I used. (I can get you the name if you wish) and many here will help with any questions you might have.
    There is a lot more to the Monkey Tree, than that though.... come explore abit;)

melbo likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Hey, Alma.... Happy you found us... There is an active Comms Forum here as well as a lot of other Hams, and resources. If you have any questions in the realm of Comms, that has been my Field for 5 decades, both personally, and professionally. Feel free to ask, or send me a "Conversation".... .....

melbo likes this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

App I used, is called Ham Radio Study by pillow fight games. Free app at Google play store.

melbo likes this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@Alma, welcome aboard. Bear in mind that the Elmer's Guide is a fairly old document. Morse code is no longer a requirement for licensing. There's Elmers here, that's for sure.

KAS and melbo like this.
  8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Welcome!

Thank you for the kind gesture of becoming a site supporter on day 1.
    There are a lot of radio/commo/technical folks at the monkey who are more then happy to help and even happier to learn.

Please check out our communications forums for more.

Yard Dart and chelloveck like this.
  9. melbo

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  10. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Welcome here.

melbo likes this.
  11. melbo

Hey! Welcome to you too.

SM likes new inputs.

GOG likes this.
  12. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome to SM from somewhere way out West!!

melbo likes this.
  13. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome to the Monkey!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7