Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Just mee, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I do not have any of these ailments nor do my children but kids do have pneumonia often. That is my fear. How does one treat that without a pharmacy.

Aspirin thins blood and you make aspirin from willow bark. I know there is a few thread on here regarding medicinal from trees. As for diabetes. In the book Lucifer's Hammer they made insulin from a sheep. I am not sure if that was fiction or a hidden prepper tip inside a fiction novel. I will have to look that up.

Welcome!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Welcome from the Village Idiot. Most think I’m a kook but I’m a proven winner. *tells myself I’m a proven winner* :D

3M-TA3, Yard Dart and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

There are a ton of really good tips and proven medicinal needs available, takes am a digging, but a couple off the top of my head: the Boy Scouts guide to enable plants by region, the SAS survival guide, has a really good section on plants and some basic medical uses. From there you can find many others, speciffically for your area, and special needs. Insulin can be made, but takes caution and a pretty fair working knolage of the prosess and dosage, while I cannot recommnd doing such ( my damn hypocritical oath) I can generally point in the right general direction! Again, welcome, and feel free to ask away, any thing you like, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask!

3M-TA3 likes this.
  4. Just mee

Just mee Monkey

I have been reading how tuna amongst other foods are natural blood thinners

Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. Just mee

Just mee Monkey

Lol@ village idiot...... Love a good proven kook!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

JM, you'll find quite a bit of medicinal plant info in the survival medicine forum.
    Survival Medicine

Just mee and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Just mee

Just mee Monkey

Thanks!

8. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Welcome from Louisiana

Just mee likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7