Hells Canyon: Big Sturgeon fishing Killgore adventures

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Pretty cool, Mike. Is that your company? We have shovel-bill sturgeon on the Tennessee River; they call them shovel-bill catfish but are actually a member of the sturgeon family. They snag them in the tail-race below dams for the roe.
    I finally got to shoot that .45-120; couldn't hit the side of a barn with it but it was still a lot of fun. I think there was too much deviation in the loads for any consistency. I'm going to load a batch when I get back with some of that new powder and see if I can get a little better grouping. I got a bunch of pretty consistent 200 gr. bullets that I just cast from some tire weights. They all weigh in pretty close.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Wow. I think I remember that outfitter's name from the Tri-Cities area --. Nice fish.

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

5. Quigley_Sharps

No not mine Sea

6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Looks like that one escaped the smoker. I'm guessing Idaho has close to the same fishing regs as us, is there reason for letting it go.

7. Quigley_Sharps

catch and release only Colt, you gonna be ready in April for the Jet boat races up the salmon river next spring?

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I am a big advocate of the Catch, fillet, and release program.

9. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Yep! he'll be ready! :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7