Helo's, all new to me!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonfly, Aug 2, 2010.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

8 of These came barreling in, in a straight line formation, followed by 4 more. 2 leaders in front, followed by 6 bad nasties, then another group of 4, 2 leaders, and 2 nasties. They all departed an hour later, in a hurry. No markings....Looked like modified apache's...? The front 2 leaders, I have NO clue whatsoever. Have pic albums set up....
    misc 031. misc 033. misc 034. misc 035.

2. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

Is that at your place up north or in Phoenix?

If Phoenix, maybe they're finally enforcing the border???

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Apaches, likely hunting down the Arizona Militia guys....... [own2]

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

LOL!
    Nah, and they weren't even hunting the escapees from the prison either!
    The helo's seen, were on their 'maiden flights', out to be tested...???
    Phoenix "north end...."
    ( all NEW helo's: explains why they had NO markings of any kind yet!)
    They came from Mesa where they are assembled, landed for a short time at the reserve area known as the Papago Park area, by the Phoenix zoo and Botanical Gardens... then for some reason, they made a stop here at Deer valley. They then took off heading northwest, to an unknown location. More than likely a "shakedown" flight for test purposes prior to delivery, or, on their way to being delivered, as usually all test flights are done near the 'San Tan Mountains' area out east ( very isolated), and they also use the lake areas ( Bartlett, and Saguaro lakes). I was recently "informed" that some of what I saw was "test" instruments on the aircraft that simulate the "real" things in lieu of actual ordinance. They were there to measure the balance, weight, and airflow/disruption. None of the helo's had ANY live ordinance on this "maiden" flight...( re: local Boeing engineer). Dang!
    Bill

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yeah, they do a lot of testing and drills. Surprising that you didn't catch any other choppers out there too.

That front one looks more like a UH-60

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7