help me design my PV solar system.

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by timtebow970, Feb 21, 2011.

1. bountyhunter

bountyhunter Monkey+

im getting ready for solar system,planning on Kycero KD 135 gx-lpu 12v panel to start,might expand later,?is how many T105 Trojan batterys will this panel keep charged? (under average sunlite conditions) would like an idea of batterys because i have to order them and have a wait time could be 3-6 wks,btw ive ordered the book from amazon that was recommended to other member,just hope i dont get tied to the whipping post for askin couple ?s LOL

timtebow970 likes this.
  2. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

There are a lot of factors in this. If you don't use the batteries much, it will keep a lot of them charged. However, if you use them all the time, you will be hardpressed to keep 4 of them charged. Remember something here, if during the peak sun hours , while charging your batteries, you are also using the elec. the charge rate can go down to nothing in your batteries, which will result in no power at night for anything.

3. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Yep....agree with Nadja. The question isn't how many batteries will it keep charged, but how much power do you intend to use.

IF you just plan to keep the batteries trickle charged, that one panel will keep probably 15- 20 of the batteries topped off......but when you start to actually USE power, you only have the panel wattage x hours of sun - system losses. Once you hit that in the way of use, ( and that isn't a lot....something like 500-600watt/hrs ) there isn't anything LEFT to put IN the batteries.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7