Okay, I'll say I haven't put it in a shop. I am trying to see if it would be worth it or not before I do. Here's the thing... I forget the model and stuff as it's in storage. Laptop battery started not holding a charge. It had to stay plugged in for it to work. One day it wouldn't come on at all. I read that I could remove the battery and it would work. I removed the battery and used it plugged in only. After a while, it quit coming on at all. I had it on a fan pad so I don't think it overheated. I bought a replacement battery, let it charge fully and then tried to turn it on. Nothing came on. I did hear the thing try to spin up but it stopped and that was that. If I hold down the power button the lights will come on, though when I release it, they all go off and no sound of activity. Any ideas? The only other option is to try and salvage the hard drive. Ran Vista and had active virus protection. I'm at a loss.