Help?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by CRC, Jan 5, 2006.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Someone on AR15 has this for sale or trade....

I tried the 1911 A1...It is big for me...I have small hands.....

Anyone know anything about this? And what I should offer??

I need to get to work..will ck in later..

Beautiful Springfield Armory 1911, Micro compact, Loaded, Novak green 3 dot night sights, has an Ed Brown extractor - functions FLAWLESSLY, and virtually disappears for concealed carry. This handgun has a nice parked, non reflective finish and a bushingless stainless barrel. I've fired 500 rounds through this gun with ZERO malfunctions. Only shot Federal match 230gr and Federal hydroshock. Awesome trigger pull. Comes with case, Springfield crown royal bag, and Galco royal deluxe holster (havana). I shot a deer a couple of years ago with this piece at 5ft. The deer is dead. Several members here have eaten it. That's too much info (still reading?). Very very posh... Will consider trades +/- cash.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[​IMG]
    Dealers cost new on that is 836.00
    If it was me and I wanted it, I would offer 600.00 shipped if it is in like new condition.

3. Quigley_Sharps

[​IMG]
    Size chart for your info

4. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Front to back, the dimension will be the same. If it has the slim grip panels, it will be a little slimmer, therefore a little smaller in circumference. I don't own a set of slim line panels, but if someone does, maybe we can get a dimension for the circumference. But, it won't be that much smaller than a 1911 with the standard profile grips.

5. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I am pretty leary of Ultra compacts, too many reports of problems...despite "running flawlessly". I wouldn't trust it if I couldn't shoot it first.

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Me too!

The slim line grips do make a lot of difference.

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I have one. Pics coming in 10 minutes.
    Shown with a GI model for size

I wouldn't recommend it. I'll never carry it as a backup, even after 3 trips back to the factory
    dsc00484_248. dsc00485_123. dsc00486_139.

8. CRC

Ok...thanks y'all...

I guess I have to actually get in my car....Drive to Jackconville....

Go to that gun shop on the South Side...and shoot first...

Then buy...

melbo? 3 trips to the factory??? sheeeesh...

Thanks...

9. melbo

Wasn't a reliablity issue. Was an issue with the safety. Was very soft without the 'click'.
    I'd carry it unloaded Cocked and Locked, like you should be able to with a good 1911, and every time I checked it during the day, the safety was off.

My 'smith spec'd it and told me the saftey/takedown plunger was staked on incorrectly. SA told me he was crazy and that wasn't possible. They 'fixed' it by grinding on the safety cam itself, 3 different times. I tend to keep my carry piece in the passenger seat of my truck and throw it into my pants when I leave the truck. I never felt comfortable doing that with this one.

And I didn't like SA telling me that ther was no problem with a HG that my Wife paid over 900 for. I held others just like it and they had a definate 'click' to the safety on and off. Mine is still a little squishy. Maybe I'm a Glock guy after a few bad runs with Old Grampa, dunno

10. Quigley_Sharps

Yeah its a heap of sheet ,you better not risk it anymore and send it to me. :D

11. melbo

Ahh, I'd only send this pocket timebomb to an enemy.. :eek:
    Maybe I'll send it to that gay stock finisher?

12. ghostrider

How many trolls am I up to now? [troll] [troll] [troll] [troll] [troll] [troll]

13. melbo

woah... 6 is quite a bit and reserved for special sits... It's about the "troll max" And that was a long time ago. I've gotten less nasty since then...

where did you get the
    from?

14. ghostrider

Trying to see where my six trolls got me on the enemy list.

15. CRC

Don't think I'd call myself the "enemy" ..but if we get it for irritating people ....well......

You owe me Ghost! :D

16. ghostrider

;) And just how can I ever repay you.

17. CRC

I'll think of something....trust me!

:unsure:

18. ghostrider

:shock:

19. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Run while you can ghost...run while you can. :lol:

20. ghostrider

[gone]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary