Resource Herbal Guide for Cold and Flu 2015-04-08

Herbal Guide for Cold and Flu

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Ganado submitted a new resource:

Herbal Guide for Cold and Flu - Herbal Guide for Cold and Flu

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
    Tully Mars, stg58, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  2. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

Thank you Ganado, will read this in the morning.

Ganado likes this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Great resource to be added to my collection of herbal remedies.

Tully Mars and Ganado like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The onion thing has more people saying it is a hoax or just to make you smell bad. Thought some swear their Grandma cured them with onions. I have used foot detox patches a few times. Some say they are a scam some say not. I think it could be a mental thing, if you believe it works you will be feeling good.

6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

This makes sense to me
    DIY Electrolyte Drink :: Natural rehydration for colds, flu, food poisoning, & physical exertion
    Author: Renee - Raising Generation Nourished - Raising Generation Nourished
    Ingredients
    • 1 ½ – 2 cups water
    • Juice of ½ lemon
    • ⅛ to ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
    • 2 tsp raw honey (local if possible, or THIS is a good brand)

Instructions
    1. Everything into a jar with a lid and shake well to combine. This recipe fits perfect in a pint mason jar.
    2. Store in the fridge up to a week.
    Tips:
    • This recipe makes a pint mason jar perfectly. My girls are younger and typically won’t drink more than this amount in one day while they are ill. It is a nice amount to make for them to sip on in small amounts during the day. If you have older kids, or will be using it for yourself while ill you can double, triple, or more into a pitcher. When I make it for myself I double it into a quart mason jar.
    • Make the mixture into popsicles! Perfect for scratchy throats too! (And might I add teething toddlers?!)
    • Since most of the immune system resides in the gut, I also like to add probiotics to the jar if I haven’t been able to get them in any other way during the day.
    • I have one of these super simple lemon juicersit’s quick enough for busy momma!
    • These elderberry popsicles are another great idea to have on hand during illness.
    • For more info on managing flu symptoms see THIS POST.

7. tr7heaven

tr7heaven Monkey

I would say yes to the feet thing, because Vicks on the feet helps a lot. Other things on this page I haven't got to yet. :)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7