Herbal Medicine Post SHTF

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by tacmotusn, Mar 17, 2011.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Native American Herbal Medicine seems to me to be a topic we should all be interested in for Post SHTF. A while back there was a discussion with a member with regard to refrigerated storage of insulin once the lights go out. I only recently discovered insulin could be manufactured as an extract from the dandelion.

That alone was enough to seriously perk my interest.

I just bought the following books for my personal reference library;

Native American Ethnobotany: Daniel E. Moerman: 9780881924534: Amazon.com: Books
    Native American Medicinal Plants: An Ethnobotanical Dictionary: Daniel Moerman E.: 9780881929874: Amazon.com: Books
    The Cherokee Herbal: Native Plant Medicine from the Four Directions: J. T. Garrett: 9781879181960: Amazon.com: Books
    Opium for the Masses: Harvesting Nature's Best Pain Medication: Jim Hogshire: 9781932595468: Amazon.com: Books

2. IndieMama

IndieMama Monkey+++

This is a subject I find very interesting. Would love to have your review of the book when you finish it.

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I forsee all kinds of problems with doing much with this info resource pre SHTF due to the food and drug administration. If I were to experiment with the insulin derivitive from dandelion root how would I know how potent it was or whether it would be effective. This is for the most part pie in the sky, what if info..... but post SHTF it would be an info source that might or might not save a life................
    I will get back to all once I have had a chance to examine the books.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7