here is my basic shtf weapon battery

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by hank2222, Aug 9, 2011.

1. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Because of my heath issuse i will defending myself more than offinsive type action on my part so here is my basic list of weapons i have

Pistol

Self Defense
    -x-Colt 1911 45.acp pistol for main go to Shtf weapon
    -x-S&W Thunder ranch 45.acp Revolver for secondy main go to Shtf weapon. this worn in a cross draw belt holster for use as need
    -x-S&W M49 38.cal Revolver for back up use

Field use
    -x-S&W M329 44.Mag Revolver for field use when hunting

Pratice
    -x-Marvel 22.lr pratice slide for pistol
    -x-Lock level 177.cal pratice barrel's for 1911 Pistol & Revolvers

Rifle

Self defense
    -x-Ruger AC 556.M4 style carbine
    -x-22.lr.pratice upper for M4 carbine

Hunting
    -x-Ruger N1 308 cal single shot rifle for hunting as need

Rifle Pratice indoor's
    -x-Walther Lg 300.177.cal single shot air rifle for pratice as need

Misc item's

-x-Bowtech 82Nd Airborne compound bow for hunting
    -x-Diff knive maker's for use in diff areas around the place

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Monkey+

I also have health issues. I have taken a "Bug-in" posture. I will live free, or die in place. You seem to have the bases covered. I use to, had to sell some. Still, I kept a defensive handgun and rifle. Just have to but new hunting guns.

3. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

My battery consists of the following,

3 AR-15 carbines
    2 AR-15 rifles
    1 M1 carbine
    2 Remington 700's in .308
    1 mossberg 500
    1 remington 870
    1 Ruger #1 in .375 H&H Mag.
    2 AK-47's

(I left a few out but this is my primary lineup)

4. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Guys...no offense but is the term OPSEC lost on y'all?

buzzz, Gray Wolf and UGRev like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I have no weapons...However...
    I do have a couple of 5'ft. long 6'' P.V.C. Tubes that i could make a spud gun out of...
    But since these are 6'' I think i will need some grapefruits from Flordia...
    I'm pretty sure that i could make a double barrel grapefruit gun...I would then be... ''Duel Welding''
    Paging the Flordia Monkey Clan...Hook a Monkey Up..??

...ccc...
    Spud Gun 003.JPG

hedger and hank2222 like this.
  6. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

I saw the thread title and that is exactly what I was thinking..

7. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

No offense taken, I see your point but I dont think OPSEC is lost by discussing some of the weapons one has.
    It isnt like I am giving out my address and even if someone figured out where I live, they would actually have to get through my security system that has multiple elements to it that I never discuss.
    I am also so rural the closest interstate is over 25 miles away.
    As far as Uncle sam knowing what I have, since there is paperwork to purchase firearms and it goes back to the ATF anyway, big brother already knows what I have. Make, model, and SN, a copy of my license with photo and my home address.
    Since I am a member of a couple of gun clubs and shoot with people all the time LEO's included, it is pretty easy to figure out what I have as I shoot all of my firearms with a great deal of regularity. I never go to the range with just one.
    Besides, just because there is disclosure that does not mean it is FULL disclosure. ;)

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just a NOTE, here: Just because you filled out an ATF 4473, when you purchased your Weapon, does NOT mean ATF or ANYONE ELSE, has a record of that purchase, UNLESS, the FFL, where you made your purchase, has ceased doing business, ALTOGETHER. At that point all his Records are sent to a National Archive, where they are digitized and stored, but they are NOT available except by Court Order. As an FFL, for many Decades, I have always told my customers, that should the SHTF really come, or as we called it back in the day, "The Revolution Comes" the first thing to burn in my fire, is the Bound Book & ALL 4473s. I will not have Black Clad Troops looking for that stuff, anywhere around here..... ..... YMMV....

9. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

hank2222 likes this.
  10. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Since the government wants to keep watch over people who buy surplus supplies in bulk, I dont believe for one second there is not a database being built that keeps a record of firearm purchases by whom and when. Sure, they may need a court order to do so but you know how the government works, they will do it anyway until a court tells them to stop. No court will do that until it is challenged. If we dont know about it, how can anyone challenge it?
    Look at the fast and furious debacle, there is a prime example of government lunacy at it's finest. During the congressional hearing they (the ATF) even admitted to compiling a database of firearm sales.

I am not arguing with you BT, all I am saying is what you are told and what the law is does not mean the ATF or the current administration is following it. They have been skating around the law for over 2 years now.

STANGF150 and hank2222 like this.
  11. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Any agency who would assist the Drug Cartels to smuggle firearms to Mexico is not to be trusted in any way shape or form.

12. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

That was my point in the post. I guess I wasn't clear: It is *supposed* to be against the law, but, you can't tell me that if the electronic form is used, that it doesn't send that data straight back to the BATFE. I'm under no illusions that they don't have a national firearms registry.

13. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I don't own any real guns but I have an MP5 airsoft machine gun that is hell on grasshoppers! and I got a wrist rocket slingshot for the more lethal needs. I might get a bow and arrow soon; with enough arrows, I can hold off an invading army, much like the Romans did.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Which means that no matter what you got, big brother already knows.

Unless of course you bought firearms from private sales, inherited firearms from before the paperwork, or were given firearms from people who inherited them but wanted nothing to do with them.;)

beast likes this.
  15. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Gator,
    It looks like someone really screwed up on that cleanout. I don't believe it's suppose to be across your living room floor. Additionally they are typically closer to a soil stack. :D

16. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

since i have class three items in the form of a rifle and pistol suppressor unit for the rifle & pistol and i have been fingerprinted to a inch of my life for my former job and haveing the class three items ..

if they want to come and look they see the class three items in the safe and nothing else in my place in Az

17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

OP's question was aimed at the basics. I think it's fair to say that supplemental supplies need not be mentioned. So, my basics:
    Ruger Single Six (new model)
    Winchester 1898 (gallery gun)
    Krag carbine.

Molon Labe, if these represent a threat. But consider the possibility of supplements as you climb the hill.

18. BTPost

Well since NONE of the 4473s have left my possession, EVER, there is NO CHANCE that any of my Transactions BEFORE Brady, are in ANYONEs Database, and After BRADY, Well that could, or could NOT, be an ISSUE, depending on what NICS has..... ...... Tin Foil Thickness May Vary......

19. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Here in NY they are autided regularly. Sometimes as much a every three months. During audits the auditor will set up w/ a laptop and spend hours reading the forms and typing away on their computer. Of course you arent allowed to look over their shoulder to see what data they are collecting. We get audited about every 8 months.

20. BTPost

That is a "commie" State issue.... If you do not like it, vote the Idiots, out of Office, or MOVE.... Where I live, the alphabet soup folks have been here ONCE in 3 Decades, and it cost them $1KUS just to get here, keep the plane on the ground during the inspection, and get back, and it took them 3 days to make a 3 hour inspection, which I passed, with only a few issues, easily corrected. Not conducive to Inspections on the cheap....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7