Here is something Shocking! Going Vegan

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Ura-Ki, Aug 4, 2016.

1. bmtm09

bmtm09 Monkey

Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. bmtm09

bmtm09 Monkey

more meat for the rest of us when shtf

Joe13, 3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It seems like a behavioural issue as much as a "quality of nutritional inputs" issue.

upload_2016-8-5_10-59-38.
    I wouldn't know...I've never eaten a vegetarian.

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Looks like those ladies need a Bacon Cheese Burger! Just sayin!

Joe13, Ganado and bmtm09 like this.
  5. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

There's a considerable difference between vegetarian and vegan. A vegan doesn't use any animal products at all, not in food nor daily use products (no leather shoes, for example). Whereas vegetarians come in different degrees of self inflicted dietary suffering. You've got ovo-lacto vegetarians who still eat eggs and dairy, pescatarians who make allowances for fish, and then the liartarians who proudly proclaim they're vegetarian but who sneak the occasional bacon, ham, steak, and McDonalds burger when their wife isn't looking.

What someone else eats is none of my business. Unless it's turkey bacon, which calls for an intervention.

Ura-Ki, Ganado, Joe13 and 2 others like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Ura-Ki I think it is good that your brother & wife are looking into healthy eating. I think vegan is a statement, not a diet plan. That is my opinion. I think you should introduce your brother to the Primal diet. Even if they do not follow it 100%, it will still be a plus. Once you start eating in a certain way, it is hard to go back especially when you notice how awful eating junk makes you feel. Example: I am a sugar addict. I have not kicked it 100% but getting there. I gave in to temptation the other day and had two cookies prior to lunch. Years ago this was normal. After eating the cookies, I felt awful for the rest of the day. I was tired and just blah. Just reinforced my wanting to stop consuming garbage foods 100%

Ura-Ki and 3M-TA3 like this.
  7. Joe13

Joe13 Monkey

Our daughter is 19. Carnivore till age 12 and then turned:

The word “pescatarian” is occasionally used to describe those who abstain from eating all meat and animal flesh with the exception of fish. Although the word is not commonly used, more and more people are adopting this kind of diet, usually for health reasons or as a stepping stone to a fully vegetarian diet.

My wife and I told here that was as far into 'Vegan' she was allowed to go.

For her it was a decent compromise and she never changed.

Well on here way to becoming a Nerologist so I don't feel it was detrimental to her. Variety I think is key. You can't just eat carrots and tofu every day...

Was able to give us fish as an option as well.

She also did swimming, track, cross county and tennis all thru highschool and lettered in academics as well, so she was getting enough of something she needed.

I can post links if needed but also something tell your brother is that when you drop dairy out of your diet for very long you have a massive possibility of becoming lactose intolerant and have to spend a fortune on lactase or whatnot when you do want to eat something with dairy in it.

I'll second the paleo diet if done correctly with excersise (I guess all of these will see minimal results without excersise). I can't because of the veggies (I am cellulose intolerant) but my college friend and workout partner started about 6 years ago and at 40 is in better shape then he has ever been in.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2016
    Motomom34, Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This is an awesome thread, Thanks every one for the great input, I will be figuring out the how and what to bring up with my brother when I get the chance to. For my self, this is also going to be a benefit, I have noticed as I get older, things hurt more and for longer, and I don't heal as fast, combined with the enevetable slow down I can see I need to work harder on my diet to maintain my needs!

chelloveck, AD1, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. jefferson
  15. fl4848
  16. HK_User
  17. Ganado
  18. Ganado
  19. DarkLight
  20. hot diggity