Here Kitty Kitty…. New North America Record Bobcat Taken?

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by E.L., Jul 10, 2009.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Here Kitty Kitty…. New North America Record Bobcat Taken?

February 13, 2009

[​IMG]

http://skinnymoose.com/moosedroppin...-kitty-new-north-america-record-bobcat-taken/

Wisconsin hunter Dave Arendt has killed one huge bobcat that has surpassed the state record and may be the largest bobcat ever taken.
    “I had been chasing a big one up in Marinette County that was the biggest paw print I had ever seen,” Arendt said. “This was just a chance occurrence.”
    The cat’s track was already 18 hours old when Arendt, on a hunt organized by Andy Dryja, found it. It measured 3 1/2 inches and the stride was huge, Arendt said, comparable to a small cougar.
    The bobcat led the hunters on a lengthy chase, complicated by crossing trails with other cats and a coyote. Eventually, the group came close enough to their quarry to release the trailing hounds.
    The animal was treed and dispatched shortly thereafter.
    A male, the 52-pound bobcat eclipsed the Wisconsin verified record of a 48.84 pound cat killed in Marinette County in 1984.
    In comparison, the largest verified cat taken in Minnesota weighed 38.72 pounds.
    “One over 40 pounds is the rare thing,” Arendt said. “Bobcat hunters are always looking for those.”
    To date, no record of a verified cat that is larger has been found across <input name="IL_MARKER" type="hidden">North America, meaning that the bobcat might find immortality in the record books.
    Arendt said the cat has already been placed on the Wisconsin record list, but it will take more studies before it is certified as a national record animal.
    Antigo Daily Journal

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Re: Here Kitty Kitty…. New North America Record Bobcat Taken

Big puss, deer killer

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Wisconsin? I assumed some big western state...betterstop bringing the mcfish sandwiches into the tent at night!!! Meow-meow-meow-meow, Meow-meow-meow--meow, Meow-meow-meow--meow

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Folks, that is one big pu pu pu puddie cat. [ROFL][ROFL][ROFL]now don't you feel quilty about what you thought I was gonna say? [ROFL][ROFL][ROFL]

5. grooveline

grooveline feelin x-tra paranoid

i loathe those who would kill our Nation's big cats.

Shame on that turd of a person. It's people like him that have ruined this Nation.

6. specoprecon

specoprecon Monkey+++

UMMMM... WHAT!?[booze]

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Well we all have a right to our opinions. That's one of the things that makes this nation great. Lawful Sport Hunting has done more for Conservation and the abundance of game animals through out this Great Nation. Tree huggers do little except spout B.S. and wring their hands, and weep for bambi. In case you haven't got it yet..... I DISAGREE WITH YOU !!! But then, that is my opinion and my right. Have a great life in California !

8. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

ummm, tell that to the folks who live in places like the Sierra Nevada mountains in California. I was out there several years ago and due to a ban on hunting these magnificient creatures, the population had exploded and they were starving and coming into the populated areas and attacking people, killing pets and had even killed some small children.

Responsible animal management is the duty of man. It is a moral duty and there is nothing inhumane about it. Deer hunting prevents overpopulation and starvation. Wolf culling prevents the same thing and protects ranchers from losing their livelyhoods.

Sad that many people just don't get it. Emotional bleeding heart measures that ban hunting, fishing, or population control only results in unintended consequenses that are cruel and inhumane to the animals that they are intended to protect.
    Responsible, humane conservation is our duty and responsibility. Protecting our wonderful wildlife from enviro wacko's like PETA.

9. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I hunt and dispatch them all the time, you calling me a turd?
    you might want to read the COC before you post anymore......
    I find Its people like you in California that has has started this Great Nation down the path of doom.
    The sierra club or peta has a web site for you to go post/loath on.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7