Here We GO Again!

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Wildbilly, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

There is a new illness that is gaining ground in Japan, it is Streptococcal Toxic Shock Syndrome (STSS) and while the numbers are still low the deathrate is 30%....and that is for those under 50 years of age! It starts out like a cold or sore throat and leads to organ failure, it is VERY contagious and may require a return to masking, handwashing, etc., etc., etc.! It can be treated with massive doses of antibiotics, usually administered in a hospital setting, over a period of weeks! I don't know about you but a 30% deathrate scares the hell out of me! We need to keep an eye on this!

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I would say I'm surprised,, but I'm not .
    I think many of us have expected it.

But I'm certainly not gonna run scared ,, if it gets me, then so be it . I'm about tired of this shithole anyway. This place is about not worth living in anymore.

3. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

So "Disease X" didn't win the coin toss this election year?

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Wonder where The Toxic Dwarf Faucci has been lately? Japan? :eek:

ozboy, Altoidfishfins, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

There have been less than 1000 cases so far and less than 300 deaths, but it is present in all of Japan and seems to be spreading. Hopefully, this will be like SARS and MERS and will fade away, but you never know. I just checked the deathrates for diseases (I may not be able to sleep tonight after reading that) and STSS is up there with Ebola, Malburg, Plague, Hantavirus, Encephalitis, Smallpox, Anthrax, and Dengue Fever. However, there is a vaccine for Strep, which might help.

Zimmy, Seawolf1090 and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. JediWoodsman

JediWoodsman Insomnia Monkey

Treated with economic disaster and mail in voting no doubt.

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yes and people will blindly run towards the false safety of government totalitarianism and the denying of rights.

Cruisin Sloth and Altoidfishfins like this.
  8. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Good little sheep that they are.

9. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Yeah, but the difference here is that this could develop into a real threat...30% deathrate for STSS as opposed to 1% for Covid!

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  10. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Ya here we go again ,, so show me the BEEF !! Real numbers ?? im in the aircraft / pilots and flight attendees who fly world wide , as in all over . they all stay over in every country for a layover for a day or two because of flight times. They have some story's ,for sure , but the sickness is a major one they look out for .. and I have asked .. Dream Liner 787 has 2 sets of flight crew on long hauls. not a peep .
    Numbers made up as in the last BS one ? but the deaths now from the jab are now down played .
    We were BS-ed the first time , I can see more BS in the works !
    S

CraftyMofo and Tempstar like this.
  11. ditch witch

Given the high density of the population in Japan, I imagine any cough, cold, or flu passes around like a $2 hooker, their propensity for donning masks having little to no effect on the spread. Treatment is listed as penicillin or amoxicillin so expect supplies of those two to dry up. Unless of course they find something more entertaining to try to mask us up for.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  12. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Even if we go back to a mask mandate, it will have little to no effect. People just don't know how to use them or wear them incorrectly. Still remember watching people during covid "pretending" to wear masks that were made of of mesh, ripped and torn or just kept it over their mouth and not their nose.

13. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I like your new shoes. Did you get them for Easter?:)

14. ditch witch

Screenshot

15. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The masks are, typically, for pollen. Some areas are just horible.....

Zimmy and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  16. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

STSS has been around a long time. Penicillin and IV fluids for treatment. It's often a secondary infection.

It's bad shit, but not new.

Kinda suspicious a bunch of people caught it.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  17. Perhaps that was before the GOF!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7