here's a loaded gun pointed at humanity...

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Tango3, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Gamma ray bursts are realeased directly up the spin axis of spinning binary stars when they nova..Seems we 've found a pair presenting a perfect spiral ( a top down view of their mutual orbit) could last a few more hundred thousand years( an astronomical short fuse) then blam!earth gets roasted in gamma rays.cleaning the face of all life.
    http://www.universetoday.com/2008/03/03/looking-down-the-barrel-of-a-gamma-ray-burst/[tng2][tng2][micro][micro][micro][alien][elim]ohnoohnoohnoJust thought it was interesting..[gone].[chopper]

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hm. Since gamma rays travel at the speed of light, and that is many light years away, we are seeing what was going on years ago. The thing may have already gone super, and the gamma burst could get here tomorrow --.

3. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Well I guess that means all of our preps have gone to not. I think I will just keep on going anyways. Mother always said I was stubborn.

Edit: These stars are spinning perfectly perpendicular to us, Think of them as spinning gasoline off a sponge in a single direction. We will see the full pinwheel, but suffer none of the effectgs. I dont think we need to worry about this, as we are so far away that by the time that the gama wave radiation would reach us, we probably have moved, its dispersed to a safe level, the radiation might have been caught in a nebulae developing new stars, or many other situations. Dont worry about this stuff.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

They were aimed at us xyz years ago when the light started our way. We don't have a clue which way precession is carrying them, the bearing rate may be constant, and it is still aimed our way. We GOTTA worry, it is a genetic trait among sheepdogs. THE SKY IS FALLING!!! Don't you know nuttin'? How do you know that there isn't a gravitational lens out there just waiting to focus all those photons on Vancouver?
    seesaw

WORRY
    WORRY
    WORRY
    WORRY.

Ah. Got that out of my system. Where's the coffee? [ghrit]

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

hmmmm, hadn't considered
    that...ohno[whistle2]:lol::lol:

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

'scuse me, GHRIT wrong post to quote...

8. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Gamma Rays, Shmamma Rays.....

They just turn you green and give you big muscles when your angry ;) (and bad haircuts and indestructible pants).

9. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Not just indestructable pants, Indestrucable Puprle Pants!

Lol I do worry, but you cant prepare for a cosmic event that WILL wipe out all life on earth. so I figure, meh! If I can figure a way out, then I will. Who knows Ill make a boatload on the sunscreen market.

10. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

We's all gonna die someday... If I can get mine without the side order of torture or starvation, that'd be just fine with me.:)
    Or a bear eating my head;
    and fire, can't do fire..

fatalcase of jock itch or diarrhea would suck too...
    in fact; in bed from a jealous husband sounds pretty good...

11. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

Really bad news then, gamma rays give you diarrhea. Why do you think those pants are purple? [gasmask]

12. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Only one response possible here:
    [yukface] [lolol]:)

13. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

If we don't get it right in this life time, well we have to take the class over to graduate.

14. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

Yeah, but the tuition is a b-tch.

15. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I bet gamma rays could do a real number on my hemroids

16. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Yeah but the neighbors would think you looked ridiculous
    Head down on your knees and elbows with you nekkid butt crack pointed at the stars all night...( and watch out fer them queer deer,man they'll git ya[beat][beat][gone])

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7