Here's a more likely Gun Confiscation Strategy

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by GOG, Sep 1, 2016.

1. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I see and hear a lot of talk about how a national gun registration and/or confiscation would be the trigger that would spark a second American Revolution, as patriots rise up to resist the jackbooted thugs who are going door-to-door taking away people’s arms.

I have bad news for everyone who’s waiting for national registration or a mass confiscation so they can get their armed rebellion on: a national database of gun owners already exists, and a national confiscation effort will never happen. Ever. Instead, you’ll hand over your firearms peacefully. All of them, even the ones you paid cash for to some random guy on Armslist in the dead of night.

Here’s a look at how it will play out in our not-too-distant future.

The NSA Knows Who You Are and What You Have
    Second Amendment supporters have been so focused on this one little corner of the Bill of Rights that they’ve let the Fourth Amendment, which is supposed to protect citizens against unreasonable search and seizure, turn into dead letter.

The surveillance state that got started under Clinton picked up steam under Bush II, and Obama has expanded it even further. The NSA is tracking everyone, all the time, and they’re hooked into Facebook, Google, Amazon, and every other piece of web-based software that you’ve been using to shop for accessories for that AR you paid cash for (which your wife doesn’t even know you have).

If you don’t believe me, go read this article about just how much detailed info one private company, Facebook, has on you, including your web surfing, shopping, and even your driving and walking habits. Now think about the fact that the NSA is even less constrained by the law (and has way more resources) than Facebook and has access not only to Facebook’s detailed profile of you but to profiles created by many other sources, from your credit card company to your health insurance provider.

Oh sure, you may have gotten your hands on a few guns that would be impossible to trace, even by the NSA. Maybe you inherited a long gun from your grandpa, or maybe you met a guy in a gun show parking lot and paid cash and then never Googled anything related to that gun. So here’s a question for you: how many people like you exist, and how many of those type guns are suitable for urban combat against AR-15s with state-of-the-art optics? I know which of my guns are probably totally “in the black,” and I can’t imagine trying to mount an insurgency with any or all of them.

The fact is, most guys who have the kind of hardware suitable for a Civil War 2.0 have been shopping on Gunbroker or Armslist, and/or have filled out FFL paperwork like law-abiding citizens. I seriously doubt there’s enough firepower totally hidden from the NSA to sustain any kind of real rebellion.

So the registration ship has sailed. They know what you have and where to find you. Now, here’s how they’re going to get you to turn it over without a fight.

Hitting You Where It Hurts
    When the government outlaws semi-automatic firearms, they won’t send cops or troops door-to-door to take them. No, first they’ll send out letters saying they know what you have, and that you have to turn it over by a given deadline or face a penalty.

It’ll be up to you to prove that you’re clean, and that you’ve handed over everything. They’ll have a list, and if they think you’re still holding, they’ll hit you with asset freezes.

Imagine not being able to get any money out of your bank account or from your credit cards, because your assets are frozen. The federal and state governments already do this if you owe back taxes–a simple letter to your bank, and all of your cards stop working. The bank doesn’t care about you, and they don’t have the interest or resources to find out if the government’s claim against you is bogus. No, they’ll just freeze your assets until you get things sorted with the government and the government tells them to unfreeze it all.

The other thing they’ll do is take your children.

Do you think Child Protective Services is going to let your children live in a house with potentially dangerous firearms? No way. Your kids will get picked up at school and taken into custody, and a social worker will show up at your door with the cops. Only when a thorough search has been conducted and the authorities are completely satisfied that your property is 100% gun-free will they let you see your little ones again. After all, we have to protect the children.

You’re not going to shoot at those cops, either, because then your kids will just end up in the foster system as wards of the state.

Not Nearly Enough for a Revolution
    Oh, I’m sure there are folks reading this who are so off-grid that none of the above can touch them. Their guns are totally invisible to the NSA, their assets are all in the form of cash and physically held precious metals, and their kids are home-schooled on a well-guarded ranch.

But is that blessed group big enough to overthrow a determined US government? No, it ain’t.

The measures outlined above–a de facto gun registration database courtesy of the NSA and its private-sector allies, asset freezes for non-compliance, and the threat of CPS visits that hold your children hostage–will be sufficient to take well over 90% of the lawfully held guns out of civilian hands, all without firing a single shot.

The bitter truth is this: there will be no confiscation shock troops for you and your buddies to shoot back at, and we will discover too late that the rights-defenders’ fantasy–of one, crystal-clear moment when it’s time for everyone to rise up as one and take it all back–has been the establishment’s biggest ally and freedom’s deadliest enemy.

Why do you think they’ve let you have guns for this long? Because those guns have given you a false sense of security and kept you from doing something truly dangerous, like mass-organizing to pull all your money out of the big banks and to vote out the incumbents.

So if you’ve sat idly by, fondling your firearms and watching the surveillance state expand while your paycheck shrinks, relying on your gun stash to bail you out when things hit bottom, then the joke’s on you. You’ve already lost the war, and when you hand over your weapons it’ll be the last (and mostly symbolic) step in a process of total subjugation that slipped up and swallowed you while you were distracted with building your gun collection.

You may hate me and everything I’ve said here, but deep down, you know I’m right.

Follow this story

Brokor, Ura-Ki, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Ura-Ki, GOG and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Hmmm! I wonder how many will be up to the sacrifices this scenario will demand? Some of us are convinced the constitution has been ignored for a long time, that it has been relegated to a place of an ancient historical artefact, that's is brought out on special occasions and waved at the masses.. Nothing more than a statue at a war memorial. A rusting hulk, like an out of date decommissioned tank at a local VFW, that is filled with aging, broken down, decommissioned Veteran's .. Hmmm? I do wonder...

All those that had sacrificed. Spilled their blood, lost their business, home and families.. All for naught? I am to understand from this article that there is absolutely nothing I can do? I DO wonder..

Ura-Ki and Yard Dart like this.
  4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

@3M-TA3 thanks for the link, I forgot.

I just posted it as food for thought. Life is like a box of chocolates...

5. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I got no problem handing them over, but only after I make sure they are fully unloaded.

I may be a monkey, but I am not a surrender-monkey.

6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I am not sure I am buying all of this in that just because I have googled looking for a sling for a AR doesn't necessary mean I have one. I have been looking at optics the last 3 months as I had a Sig MCX but I just canceled it. I think they only way they could get a listing of what you have is the from the ATF forms (can't remember the form number now) that one fills out when you purchase a firearm and it is held at the store. And, that would be illegal...for now. But, just a few weeks ago the ATF got caught doing just that...

I do believe that they will NOT be kicking doors down and asking for trouble trying to confiscate one's firearms. They will simply pass a law then require you to turn them in and then they will probably even give an amnesty period for those that failed to do so then they will drop the hammer on anyone caught and completely ruin them, making an example, so much so that those folks that buried them in their basements will be wondering if it is even worth it to keep them since they cannot fire them or even obtain ammo.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Article sounds like a backhanded plea to give up before the fight has started. Bull pucky! Maybe the libtards will fall for the sad sack line, but I feel there will be plenty to carry the battle forward.

Mountainman, Ura-Ki and Yard Dart like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Strangely, I'm split on this, Part of me says they cannot take any thing from me, the other side says that with all of life linked electronically, they would have no problems making you into a Non-Person! Blocking you from accessing the coin of the realm, blocking you from making purchases of any kind ( legal purchases) blocking you from health care, and blocking you from communicating. They could even give the option, turn um in, and we make you whole, or keep them, and you no longer exist! Show up trying to do any "business" and we take you for re education at one of or special camps! All I can say is come and try it, you make me a felon, I do felon!

9. chimo

Like Edward Abbey said, I intend on being one of the outlaws. ;)

To me prepping is more about ensuring my ability to remain free than worrying about some SHTF event.

Gafarmboy and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I think they will try to tax gun owners first. The "justification" will be due to the various excuses they pull out of thin air, from the environment, to lead ammo, to emergency services and deaths. As the terror fear mongering continues to escalate, and as we watch the FBI false flag operations unfold again and again and see children massacred, the hype will create a demand for tax to be paid by all gun owners. They will say, "We're not after your guns, see?" But we all know it's the real reason. If any American pays the tax, they have just entered an agreement with the IRS, and just like the mandatory healthcare TAX paid to the IRS, they fully intend to collect, with penalties and interest. The database already exists, that much is certain. If you own a handgun, they know. If you only own long guns, well maybe you can get away with owning them for a while. But, if it's sitting in the cabinet, it might as well be called useless. As for the 4473 forms on file at every FFL...well I know more than a few who may have a "fire" if they are told to hand them all over. Just sayin'. Plenty of them will comply, of course. But Americans do have a way of fighting back.

We don't really even need our own firearms to resist tyranny. All we need is the spirit and resolve to resist. Sure, it would seem hopeless without firearms. People will still find a way to resist. They will use their knowledge to take out enemy forces and with every enemy they defeat, grow stronger by obtaining their weaponry. This is the primary tenet of guerilla warfare. But, just how many will resist? This is the real question to ask.

The trick is, getting the majority of the people to accept their enslavement so it never comes to this in the first place. What's more, getting the people to do much of the work for them too. And that's where we get into the dark abyss of Hegelian "what if's", where contagions and disease, natural disasters and emergencies can grant an already tyrannical oligarchy even more power. And let's not forget about simple economics. As the economy continues to worsen, thefts will rise and so will violence. Some folks will sell their guns to feed the family, others will prey upon people to capitalize on an increasingly stressed environment. The need for more and more police will continue, and so will the resentment toward the police state.

Confiscations can happen, and they have happened. A prime example is New Orleans with Hurricane Katrina. The civilians had little to no communication. They had no organization. And, door by door, the thugs confiscated. Following orders, for the "safety" of the people. Our own people confiscated guns from Americans. No civil war erupted.

We can try to predict what will happen, but the best we can do is use the evidence of prior confiscations, both at home and especially abroad, to paint a clearer picture. In every case, be it England or Australia, Canada or New Orleans, it came down to the civilians choosing to comply with the demand of confiscation (and sometimes at gun point).

Byte likes this.
  11. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

I don't want to, 'burst anybody's bubble'; but ....... anyone who thinks, who honestly believes, that small arms are a genuine threat to the sovereignty of (virtually) any modern government is very badly deluding himself. The hard - too often completely ignored - reality is that ALL of today's modern 21st century national governments are pragmatically unassailable, and cannot be successfully resisted by a populus armed only with small arms. (Please: Don't kill the messenger - OK!)

Ganado likes this.
  12. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

it's not an event but a continuum. we think in short term, they think in eons. they just have to make sure they don't get you so riled up all in a hurry that you'll actually start using it. 0bama has proven you'll put up with a lot more than anybody would have believed, it's been so effective. They keep the heat on, make sure if you're "serious" enough you'll waste all your income on toys you'll never use, they'll just wait til you're dead and then your kids will call the government to come pick em up.
    yes, I know, not YOUR kids, or mine, but THEIR kids?
    Long term.

GOG and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. chimo

Well I hate to burst your own bubble, but you are incorrect...way incorrect. But I all the establishment creeps have your same feeling on the matter...I'd much rather face an overconfident enemy than a prepared enemy. ;)

And who says all we have is small arms or are limited to them? :lol:

Byte and GOG like this.
  14. chimo

There it is...the real threat social engineering...all the more reason to teach your kids, grandkids and great grandkids well and often.

Byte likes this.
  1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. BTPost
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. OldDude49
  7. oldman11
  8. Ura-Ki
  9. oil pan 4
  10. OldDude49
  11. OldDude49