Here's one for you Glock lovers....

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by sniper-66, Dec 19, 2005.

1. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

....you can now move into the 21st Century with the rest of us!

http://www.crimsontrace.com/

2. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I wonder if Melbo gets Shotgun News - there's a big article about how great Glocks are for USPSA. Meh. Glad to know they're good for something! ;)

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sinkers ----? [ROFL]

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I saw that new crimson trace. Much better than the old one for GLocks. It required all sorts of internal wiring. I might get one for the bedside G-21. See magnus? .45 in the bedroom...

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have actually seen lasers in the Glock that replaced the guide rod. About $200 if memory serves me correct. That way there is no external attachment.

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I actually shoot worse with laser sights. Besides, I never want to become dependent upon technology or batteries for that matter, to replace good old fashioned mechanics and know how.

7. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I would like to get a set for my .357, I can normaly do pretty well without them but would like to have them for marginal to poor light when the sites are hard to impossible to see clearly which is when the laser shows up best anyway. Have also considered one for my 10/22 or shotgun for varmints around the farm, but think I will most likely just go with a tactical light.

8. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Your problem is trying to replace good techniques and that is a common failing with lasers. Lasers are only useable when you have good techniques for when you can't use them. If I have to make a offhand rapid shot, say out a car window in a rapid get away, a laser helps keep the bullets close to home instead of just "gatting" rounds out into la-la land. Lasers are also handy for training to find your flinch spot. I have acutally improved my trigger finesse by dry firing with a laser on the opposite wall. They really shine, no pun intended, when using NVDs.
    Don't replace, supplement good habits.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7