Hey

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shaman, Feb 3, 2015.

1. shaman

shaman Monkey++

Kellory said there was a party going on over here.

I'm one of the the refugees from Deer & Deer Hunting that Kellory invited. If you see him, tell him I'm here.

I'm the shaman, the guy who writes the weblog, Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries.

I have a 200 acre farm in Bracken County, Kentucky. We're a bunch of acorn farmers. The problem is that the acorns are rather hard to harvest, so we run them through the deer and turkey first. The result is a high-protein, rather tasty snack.

2. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Welcome to the tree shaman. We use that system down here in central Texas as well. Greatly improves the flavor of acorns.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Glad to have you!

Welcome

Summoning @kellory

4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I have arrived.:) welcome Shaman!

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey @shaman !!

6. Gesko

Gesko Monkey+++

Welcome onboard

7. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

I see, second hand acorns, I bet they make good sausages... Welcome

8. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[​IMG]

9. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

Welcome .. looking forward to gaining some of your knowledge of hunting...and what ever else u know
    Since im reel good at wating in the woods but the hunting is a problem...
    and so is keeping quiet...

10. kellory

Sounds like you would be great at squirrel hunting then, just wait in the woods, act like a nut, ( just to draw them in) and shoot squirrels!;)

11. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

First cyber round on Melbo :) Welcome

Yard Dart and melbo like this.
  12. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

To act like the nut... you have to be a nut.... check. :)

13. kellory

No, but it helps....:rolleyes:

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. Homunculi

Homunculi Monkey++

you are not the only one shaman .... i just got here ... good to see friendly people ....

tulianr, melbo and kellory like this.
  15. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome here!!

16. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

@Homunculi @shaman
    Good to have some solid new folks here. Look forward to getting to know you.

kellory likes this.
  17. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Shaman... welcome from another mojo maker... grab a branch and hang on...

18. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Welcome @shaman. Our site's resident chaplain is on a self imposed sabbatical at present, but you undoubtedly will be most welcome in the F&R forum as a locum. I shall look forward to some bible reading with you there. :D

Genesis 9-4 and Surat Al-Ma'idah [5:3] - القرآن الكريم have the same bleedin' prohibitions that require an animal to be slaughtered for human consumption to be drained of blood...who'd 'a' thought that The Tanakh, The Old Testament, and the Qu'ran had so much in common?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  19. shaman

shaman Monkey++

Thank you all for the hearty welcome.

Chellovek, I'll answer you first, because the answer comes easily to mind. I have a the honor and privilege to know and to have shared my craft with a retired Israeli paratrooper. I'm a good Methodist boy. She, of course, was a Jew. Having been in the Israeli military, she had a wonderful view of all this. Her point was that operating in that environment that it is very easy to see God at work. There are strict proscriptions in the Bible and in the other various Jewish texts that tell you in no uncertain terms how to build your camp, how to conduct yourself in the desert, what to eat and what not to eat. If you break these rules-- if , say you build your latrine to close to the tents-- God visits His Wrath upon you. Blood spoils quickly in the hot sun. So does pork and shellfish. It is very easy to see what God intends of us, if we only have the ability to open our hearts to the message.

An ignorant godless person would see this as just a good example of how we can explain away God. For myself, and for my dear paratrooper friend, it just shows how deep the force and power of the Almighty goes. Me? I've been places where I was not only the first human, but probably the first vertebrate. For my friend, you cannot take your oath of service on the top of Masada and not be moved.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Welcome!
    I have a few acorn eaters at my west location.
    Every so often I give one a good flogging like it deserves!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7