Hey

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bacawind, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Bacawind

Bacawind Monkey+

I was doing some research and stumbled across SM. I looked around and found some threads of similar interests to my own.

My husband and I live on the prairie in Colorado. We have a different style of living than most people.

I'm off to go click some buttons and see what I can find. It's great to be here!

Cabin Lady, GOG, Mindgrinder and 11 others like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Good enough, glad to see you.
    [welcomeLG]

Bacawind likes this.
  3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome. You will find nuggets of gold that go back to 2005 and a few piles of scat mingled in. Enjoy the first and step over the second

4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Welcome to you and your husband, BW. Of the different prepper sites that I have wandered through, this one seems more like a community than most, as far as actively contributing members are concerned. Hopefully you will come to know us better, and make your own contributions to this eclectic, and mostly friendly group of people. Most are very generous with their knowledge, encouragement and support, and can be relied upon to at the very least point you in the right direction, should you need advice or information. There are many ex military, and former LEOs and emergency response personnel in the mix, as well as the usual political ratbags and single issue monomaniacs ;)

Enjoy your stay, and don't be shy about contributing your own knowledge and experiences.

GOG, sarawolf, Motomom34 and 5 others like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Welcome Fellow Coloradoan! I'm up in the mountains. Plenty of great folks here to share ideas and experience with. Feel free to add and take as much as you need!

Motomom34 and Bacawind like this.
  6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Welcome! Looking forward to your posts... there are monkeys and dogs of all persuasions on this site and its a really great community.
    [​IMG]

GOG, Motomom34, Sgt Nambu and 3 others like this.
  7. Bacawind

Bacawind Monkey+

After getting signed up and introducing myself I went back to how I got here to begin with. Oh yeah, Meals Of The Depression from Motomom34, which led to Yucca Sandals Vid from AxesAreBetter, which led to the main Bushcraft forum, then I scrolled down and read threads titled preferred methods of fire starting, rope making, and char cloth. That was it, I had to join! Yall are talking my language!

That's good to know!
    My husband just said, "No wonder I was cold, my poncho liner came off!" As we sit here in our ACUs. I wear a BDU coat liner as a house coat LOL! My husband and two of our kids are prior service, and one is currently serving in Okinawa.

I started Colorado life in '99 in Weston, west of Trinidad. I'm from Louisiana. I spent most of my life trying to get the water to go away, now I'm trying to get it to come back. Fortunately trenches work both ways.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome! Back to Bushcraft!

8. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

WELCOME...
    And

[​IMG]

Motomom34, Sgt Nambu and Bacawind like this.
  9. MountainMariner

MountainMariner Clearly Ambiguous

Welcome to the forum!

Bacawind likes this.
  10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome from the Pacific North West!!!!!

Bacawind likes this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Welcome!
    What part of Louisiana are you from if I may ask?

Bacawind likes this.
  12. Bacawind

Bacawind Monkey+

As a kid, Baton Rouge, then as an adult, Walker.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Welcome from a Coloradian who currently lives in Bama. Looking forward to your input:)

Bacawind likes this.
  14. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Love Goldens, My Second Fav breed!!!

Ganado likes this.
  15. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome to the Monkey tree!

Bacawind likes this.
  16. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Welcome to the site, Bacawind! I hope you enjoy it! :)

Bacawind likes this.
  17. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Welcome to the Monkey... Take some Information... Leave some information... It's how we roll!

Bacawind likes this.
  18. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Welcome to the jungle!

Chell, no one ever called you a ratbag or single issue monomaniac. It was always implied, or considered a given!:LOL:

upload_2016-12-23_1-26-52.

GOG, Bacawind, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  19. svjoe

svjoe Angry Monkey

Welcome.........

Bacawind likes this.
  20. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

keep coming back I'm sure you will love it here and merry Christmas and a happy new year

Motomom34 and Bacawind like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7