1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Hi all

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Pathfinder, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Monkey

Hello everyone! I want to introduce myself to the forum and let you all know alittle about me. And then I have a question for some in the know...

I am from Northern Lower Michigan. I am a single Dad of a 9 year old daughter who loves the outdoors almost as much as I. I have been doing bushcraft & survival for about 28 years. I am no expert, but have acquired some knowledge and at times and set in my ways. I have opinions and facts to share, I also have questions and theory's to learn.

My question is for the Kelly Kettle users of the group:

I have been wanting a KK for awhile now and finally saved up enough to purchase a great deal on the complete SCOUT set up, minus the cups as I have plenty of those. I was wondering about any mods that I need to know, should know and would like to know... I understand, all in good time. My main question is for those of you with the cook kit, the pot holder to be more specific- What are the notches cut out for on the clamping end? Are they to lift the skillet/lid off the pot while cooking? That is all I can think that they would be useful for...

Thankyou for any and all replies in advance 10408871_463479550480969_4846984107261348402_n. IMG_6744.JPG
    Bear, Bigfoot1986, Ganado and 8 others like this.
  2. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome @Pathfinder, enjoy your stay at the Monkey tree!
    Pathfinder likes this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

Welcome here....

Did you hunt and kill that hot dog all by yourself? JK :rolleyes:
    Pathfinder and Tully Mars like this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to our Monkey Tree... Pick yourself out a branch and have a Good Look around...
  7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Welcome to our little part of the web....
  8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey Site Supporter+

9. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Yard Dart, Ganado and ghrit like this.
  10. RightHand

RightHand Pioneer in a New World Moderator Founding Member

Welcome Pathfinder. We're all glad you found us and look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

If I understand your question on the KK, this image may give you the answer

Kelly Kettle magic-pot-with-pot-holder.
  11. phorisc

phorisc Monkey

Pathfinder likes this.
  12. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Monkey

Thank you all.

Sorry I meant the pot gripper, not the pot holder...
  13. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Monkey

14. RightHand

How about this

Kelly Kettle pot gripper small-pot-kit_1.
  15. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Monkey

Yep, that is it... But there is an extra set of notches as in my picture....

16. RightHand

I believe it is a functional support feature. The longer of the two supports enables the triangular support at a proper angle.
  17. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey Site Supporter

Welcome @Pathfinder .. Lived up your way for many years hunting and fishing.. It got to civilized and have found a slightly wilder area to hang my hat..
    Pathfinder likes this.
  18. Bigfoot1986

Bigfoot1986 Monkey

Welcome to the monkey, btw i also have the same knives that you have pictured and i love em
  19. Leeuhhh

Leeuhhh Monkey

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary