Hi Everybody! Looking to partner with someone(s) To Go off grid here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tatiana, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatiana

tatiana On Hiatus Banned

Tracy you are a moderator? Do you actually know what the word means? You are laughing at the obnoxious content posted. I don\t appreciate being greeted by bigots. Whoever made you moderator is not too swift.

2. tatiana

tatiana On Hiatus Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! enjoy freezing your butt off. I wouldn\t want to live there.
    Yeah I know I saw
    Yeah I know I saw Into The Wild...Nothing like it.

lol
    I am not a survivalist or a monkey I think I am too intellectual and sensitive for this forum. I also am in earnest searching for people who love nature as the Native American cultures did before the Europeans destroyed them. If anyone has anything of value to add then welcome. I wasn\t aware that this forum was not international. There are off-gridders everywhere. You shouldn\t assume it makes an ass out of you.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Don't take it so personal @tatiana the guys are just having fun. They can go over the top a bit some times. And remember 5his forum gets trolled alot by fake people so we are all a little sceptical and mostly conservative

Hope you stay but if you don't good luck to you

4. tatiana

tatiana On Hiatus Banned

I don't understand who would troll an off the grid forum. I admit I am offended but seriously I never received a more awful onslaught of rudeness in any forum. Why are most of you conservative? Most nature lovers are hippies yippies and liberals. I have nothing against social conservatism but economic is selfish and is ruining the United States the 1% have everything the rest of us very little in comparison.

hitchcock4 and Motomom34 like this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

@tatiana
    I can help with the Solar RE power and would do this from the Pacific 49th Parallel .The rest of your original question / post . well Im old, Very married , and could only come to visit & see construction.

And I do believe that BT was asking for pictures of Nature & your area , not you .
    He's not like that ..
    Welcome & quite the first posts !!

Sloth

tatiana likes this.
  6. tatiana

tatiana On Hiatus Banned

P.S. Thanks Ganado-did you know ganado means cattle in Spanish?

7. tatiana

tatiana On Hiatus Banned

How a
    How adorable Sloth-your avatar. Did you know that in Rio Sereno about 45 minutes from here my friend found a sloth in his yard. You can see them in the forest up in the trees. It's awesome. And thank you so much for the offer! I will take you up on the help. I wasn't meaning partner as in male partner I meant to partner in creating an intentional community. I can see how it's funny I have a very quick wit but lately the U.S. politics have been getting to me and I can't take it but I can dish it out as my elder sister always told me.:D

8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

It actually means wildlife or livestock where I grew up. ;)

9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Tatiana, I will say that your original post sounded very much like a lure to get some unsuspecting person to come to your country. Panama is notorious for land scam's and honestly you sounded very much like you were selling a bill of goods that nobody around here would be falling for. And that is the crux of the responses that you have received. We are mostly mature (yes that is questionable at times), experienced travelers, wary of strangers and offers that sound to good to be true. If we are wrong, then so be it and apologies given for the doubt in your sincerity..... but in my opinion, the jury is still in deliberations.
    YD

Tracy, Tully Mars, sec_monkey and 3 others like this.
  10. tatiana

tatiana On Hiatus Banned

You live surrounded by the most awesome Nature around and you don't believe in a creator? I am not Christian, Jewish or a member of any of the 7 major religions or their offshoots but I am spiritual and I find Goodness(God) in Nature. To live amongst such astounding beauty how can you not feel a spirit of Goodness present? Gosh I feel it every day. Maybe Alaska isn't the place for you.

11. tatiana

tatiana On Hiatus Banned

I think you are paranoid. I am not trying to sell you land. I simply said THINK outside the box. And panama is by no means the cheapest land available. You need to go to the mountains of Honduras or El Salvador for cheap land or if you don\t mind a little warmer climate Nicaragua. I don\t want to sell any of you anything. I live alone in Central America I am interested in being sustainable and that is why I joined your forum. The only thing I might have wanted was to sway people into considering different options than the horrid 4 season climate the U.S. has to offer. Also I left the U.S. because it has become so hateful so I wasn\t prepared for such hateful responses. I have no land to sell you but if you want to retire here I could recommend countries and places. I have no land. And if I were to buy some I probably would buy in el salvador or honduras the mountains are gorgeous peaceful and cheap as dirt. I wouldn't recommend Guatemala which is gorgeous simply because the indigenous population is very violent towards outsiders and has burned latinos alive and has stoned japanese and other asians and americans.

12. tatiana

tatiana On Hiatus Banned

You are latina? Because here when they sell cattle they call the cattle Ganado. wildlife would be fauna silvestre and livestock well it depends which animal you are speaking of. ganado in panama is used strictly for cattle.:)

13. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

tatiana likes this.
  14. tatiana

tatiana On Hiatus Banned

@Ganado I also really like your avatar caption: "don't worry nothing is under control!" Ha! I feel really safe here in Panama and I wasn't feeling safe anymore in the U.S. The values are gone. Here I find people who actually practice kindness and respect towards one another even if they are obsessed with pop American culture.

Brokor and Ganado like this.
  15. tatiana

tatiana On Hiatus Banned

Oh Thank You! I will post and be sure not to include running naked or land. I sometimes wax poetic on the romantic aspects of living herehahaha!.

16. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Yep different parts of the world use the same words a little differently.

La fauna is more the equivalent of 'nature' or 'natural' where as ganado has more of a connotation of being wild, as in being a 'wild child' this double meaning for ganado came about where i grew up because cattle in the Latin world are typically very wild and not very domesticated ... so it's probably more of a local 'flavor' to the language

17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

" In to the Wild"??? You think a Movie, about a Stupid Kid, running away from the World, represents Bush Alaska? Lady, you do not have "Clue One" about who I am, and where I live... That kid died 1500 miles from where I live, from Terminal Stupidity..... Alaska is a very BIG place, and you could fit a couple of Dozen Panamas inside half of Alaska.... Why don't you get to know the folks around here, before you go off on a "Rant".... If you had CLUE One, about Tracy, you would KNOW she is a "Founder" of this Place, and one of the nicest, and least spiteful person, on this Planet. I am sure many of the Founders, will take your comments about her, as "Rude" and spiteful.... This is NOT an "OFF-Grid Site" ..... What it Is is a Prep'er Site, with an emphasis on Survival..... Yes, we do have an Off-Grid forum, but that is a very small part of the Total Site. We get all kinds coming on here, looking for something, and contributing NOTHING.... Some stay, most find that this place isn't for them...All are welcome here, as long as they keep within the CoC Rules, that they, and YOU, agreed to when you registered for admittance. So I would suggest, that you look around, and read, what we have to offer, and then decide if this is a place you can commune with....

18. tatiana

tatiana On Hiatus Banned

Thank You, LOL-outhouse!!!

19. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

You are always welcome here, Tatiana. Don't mind some of the responses which may seem a bit curt. I am certain the members here were just having some fun, considering we do get strange spam postings on occasion.

If you would like, you are welcome to start a thread about living in Panama. Anything you would like to post about would be a nice addition to have here. From simple, ordinary life, to hiking and camping or visiting the town market -whatever you think is best to help others see the rich culture of Panama.

20. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

My dear young one.. That is the way it is here in my AO.. We live so far out in the hills we say "clothes? Why bother!"

tatiana, Brokor and Ganado like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7