Hi from MO

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RJB, Mar 11, 2007.

1. RJB

RJB Monkey+++

Hello, A few friends recommended this forums so I thought I'd check it out. It looks good so far.
    I live in a small town in north central missouri. I'm into trapping, hunting, primitive skills (especially longbow making), wild edibles, natural medicine (I'm trying to raise medicinal plants and I have a ton to learn).
    I'm a former Marine. Currently I'm a volunteer firefighter and first responder.

RJ

BTW, I was planning on lurking awhile but the below quoted line kept showing up, and I got tired of looking at it :)

"Hello RJB,
    Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part of Survival Monkey Forums now! "

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Welcome aboard. The MO contingent is starting to rival the Texans.
    THere are a few threads about a MO get together in the regional/midwest forum. Might want to take a look.

On the quote: Yep, the software here will prod you to remain active. We really like fresh opinions and thought.

melbo

3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Welcome to the Monkey [winkthumb]

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Welcome RJB. Yep, we've got quite a group from Misery goin. I lived there myself for a while.

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome RJB. Glad to have you among our group

6. Scavenger Flatbedder

Scavenger Flatbedder Scavenging The Wasteland

Welcome to the Monkey RJB!
    Missoura Proud!

7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Welcome to the Board!

8. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Welcome from a fellow missourian, and a former FMF corpsman. I just knew we should have kept the door closed look what the cat drug in, another Marine. :D

OGM

9. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Patriotic Pirate

Welcome RJB. You are in God's country, where much of my family still lives. We'll have to get together, sometime when I am up there.

10. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Welcome !!!! A Bowyer !!!!.... coool!!!!! looking forward to seeing some of your work.... I've got a bunch of Osage Orange staves I've been meaning to get to....

11. ChemicalGal

ChemicalGal Monkey+++

Hi RJB

Welcome to the Monkey, glad to see you're from the best State in the union....LOL
    CG

12. RJB

RJB Monkey+++

Thanks for the welcome. I saw the get together in May. That looks like fun. Good to see the Mo prescence. (nothing wrong with the rest of you guys... well other than the Texans :)

I'll show some picks of the bows later.

FMF Corpsmen have my respect. You gotta have a thickskin to put up with the arrogance of us jugheads :)

Scavenger, thanks for recomending this place.

13. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome aboard, good to see the 'local' members growing, seems like I was the only one in the middle of the country for quite a while around here.

14. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome to the Board!

15. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

I can ashure you that the respect goes both ways.[winkthumb] I for one can't wait to see the pics. of the bows. That is something that I always wanted to do but haven't got that far YET. :D

OGM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7