Hi from the Pacific Northwest

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Seepalaces, Oct 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I'm mostly a lurker. I'm an avid canner and gardener. Guns scare the snot out of me, but I'll fight to the death for you to keep yours. I can't think of anything else you'd want to know about me. I'm quite boring.

Tobit, hitchcock4, Marck and 7 others like this.
  2. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

[welcomeLG][welcomeLG][welcomeLG]

Seepalaces likes this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Welcome to the tree of the knowledge of preparation and survival.

Seepalaces likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Nope @Seepalaces
    You don't sound boring at all. Sounds like you will fit in real well with many of us. So how did your garden turn out this year? Mine was horrible

Ganado and Seepalaces like this.
  5. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Mine was good, but I'm thinking I should start growing tomatoes in alternate years. The hubby and kids don't like them raw, so I spend hours in August canning them. At some point I hope to have it down to a science, and at that point, I'm sure the boys will move away with their wives... What happened with your garden? We got endless sun this year. And that's quite weird down our way...

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

First- tomatoes. We really don't eat them but we love salsa. My tomatoes always get attacked by some black rot.

We had lots of rain this spring into the beginning of the summer which slowed/stunted everything then it went super hot. I added fertilizer and Epsom salt to my planter boxes but nothing was real productive. My strawberries were happy and lettuce but then it doesn't take much to grow lettuce. Surprisingly my zucchini was low yield. Unsure if it was the weather or old seeds.

Seepalaces likes this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Welcome! We need another gardener !! yeah !!

Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey. Criminals, Bears, and Zombies used to scare me to death....

Altoidfishfins and Seepalaces like this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Welcome. You will find many gardeners and canners here, so you are in good company.
    As for being scared of guns? OK. But remember, a gun is only a tool, made to do a job, and they are much safer than guns made in the old fashion.
    The best tool against fear is knowledge. Ask any questions you have, and we will be happy to assist you. Some here are experts in many fields.:cool:

chelloveck and Seepalaces like this.
  10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey!!

Seepalaces likes this.
  11. kellory

More fun than a barrow full of monkeys....:rolleyes:

hitchcock4 and Seepalaces like this.
  12. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I vote for weather. I suspect that if the seeds were bad you would have just had bad gestation. And, I am clearly an expert, because I have the internet...so take that with an entire tablespoon of salt. Are you getting black rot on your tomatoes or blossom end rot? I have a crazy(ish) suggestion that I think has gotten rid of my ber. Don't underestimate the value of being able to grow lettuce!! I lost an entire box of lettuce last year. It looked beautiful, but it must have gotten too hot because it was too bitter to eat (and coming from me, that's massive, I like to eat).

I soooo agree. Hubby has guns and so he has educated me and I've taken the basic safety class. Hubby is very old school, and so is serious about gun safety. Problem is: I'm a serious butterfingers, I pick the darn thing up and my hands shake as I picture me accidentally shooting the dog or the neighbor (was it really an accident?). Better I should gather and he should hunt.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
    Ganado, Cruisin Sloth and Motomom34 like this.
  13. kellory

And if he were injured and could not hunt, what then? I would suggest you use an unloaded gun, and learn how it works. On the inside. What happens as the parts move, it will remove alot of the heebee-geebees. But do as you see fit, and welcome to the monkey tree.

Seepalaces likes this.
  14. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Welcome.

Lots of good info and good people here. Look around.

Seepalaces likes this.
  15. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome!

Seepalaces likes this.
  16. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Welcome. You have lots here to learn grasshopper. So get to reading, make new friends and hangout.

Seepalaces likes this.
  17. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Welcome @Seepalaces , Glad to see you have moved out from the shadow world of the lurker and have started to make friends.. Now, learn "BACONNNNN" and you will have everyone on your side!!

Ganado, Seepalaces and kellory like this.
  18. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Amusingly, this week I'm canning sausage links. Next month is baconnnnn...

BlueDuck, Ganado, Dont and 2 others like this.
  19. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Welcome here from the Great State of Jefferson.

Esar145a, Ganado and Seepalaces like this.
  20. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Welcome from north Idaho...

Seepalaces likes this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. CaptainCalamity
  3. DurdenJames
  4. saki monkey
  5. old_code
  6. OlSarge
  7. TheRightToBearArms
  8. AR15gunbuilder
    New one from west Florida
    Thread by: AR15gunbuilder, Sep 28, 2020, 19 replies, in forum: New Member Introductions
  9. Bunker Bob
  10. Modus Operandi
  11. Northern california
  12. Murfylang
  13. Waydah
  14. Kruel J
  15. johnwintergardener
  16. JazzeeJ
  17. Kavode
  18. ArtVandelay
  19. MrBadExample
  20. Wildbilly