Hi-Point C9 9mm Pistol!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tyler Danann, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Tyler Danann

Tyler Danann Monkey+

The Hi-Point C9 is a very affordable 9mm pistol that retails at $150.

It's not flashy, it's not fancy, but it gets the job done (just about), in a pinch it can perform CCW duty.

I can tell you for nothing the looser tolerances on it will run ammo that you throw at it. I had some 9mm HP which my CZ was not happy with. The Hi-Point shot it off like champ!
    If you can live with its quirks and rugged construction (the dealer guy called it a boat anchor!) the price is right! :)

There's a .45 ACP caliber version that the Hi-Point boys make too!

EDIT: LIFETIME WARRANTY!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    Homer Simpson, Yard Dart and stg58 like this.
  2. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

You forgot the no questions asked, no matter who owns it lifetime warranty. The carbines are even better.

Tyler Danann and Yard Dart like this.
  3. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Hi-points; Fugly but Fuctional and ...Fun ? [tongue]

Tyler Danann likes this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I picked up a .45 pistol and a 9mm carbine a week or so ago. It was hard to pass up on the .45 for a $150 bucks as a stash/cache gun. The carbine is awesome and I look forward to range time with it.... it is a nice little unit. Another guy I know posted a thread on its use by his daughter, the wife fell in love, and then he bought one for himself.... big fans on it!! The only issue I see right now is the 10 round mag, so I need to look at the options that are available.

Homer Simpson likes this.
  5. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

I noticed the other day, when the news showed the pistol that young (now dead) black man pulled on the police officer at the gas station, was a Hi Point pistol. Ugly & heavy, but still deadly.....and that police officer had every right to drop that punk like a bad habit.

6. GhettoPass

GhettoPass Monkey+

I'm interested in the Carbine. Is there a reliability issue with the Hi-Point carbine based on caliber? Asked another way, has anyone had a negative experience with the Hi-Point carbine and if so what caliber was it? My experience has been with the 9mm version my brother owns and it has been reliable but has one of the worst triggers I've felt in any gun. I'd like to get a couple of the carbines as cache guns.

7. Yard Dart

The carbine I have is in 9mm and cost about $250.... the quality of trigger and so on is what you pay for it "economy". I have only shot it a few times but had no issues or FTF. I have a buddy that has three for his family and they shoot the crap out of them...with no reported issues to date. I picked one up for a simple shooter that can be cached as well... and thinking of picking up another one just for fun.... 9mm is a plentiful/available round to shoot on the weekends.

HK_User and GhettoPass like this.
  8. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Have had one,995TS, since they came out a few years ago. They are a good pistol caliber carbine IF you take the time to tear down and go over them to smooth out the action and trigger group. You should do that with about any arm anyway. Also the mag lips needed to be blue printed to specs at least on the early ones. Aftermarket mags (can't remember the brand but they were common) gave a world of trouble with failure to feed . Probably have well over 500 or 1000 rounds through mine and it performs great and is dependable. Light and compact makes it a good truck/pack gun. Several forums on Highpoint around for the tips and tricks. You might also consider they are American made with a lifetime warranty original owner or not. Well it used to be mine but Baby Doll likes it so well she took it away from me. Would definitely pick up one in .45acp if the mood strikes.

9. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I have to agree with oldawg on the 995TS. Action is a bit clunky out of the box, but cleans up fairly well. Accurate enough for most purposes and I've not needed the warranty in the time I've owned it (5 years +/-) Don't bother with the junk laser HP provides...worked ok for a few months, then tu.

Yard Dart and GhettoPass like this.
  10. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Ugly? Oh my yes! Heavy? Oh man... Clunky? Dang right! Works? Beat the snot out of the Kimber!! AND at 1/5th the cost!!

Tyler Danann, oldawg and ghrit like this.
  11. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

I ain't buying it. (Literally!) I'm a (retired) range safety officer; I've spent 1,000 of hours on, both, public and private firing lines. Not too many people have shown up fielding one of these guns; but, of those who have, I've never seen a Hi-Point pistol operate for more than an hour, or so, without experiencing some sort of stoppage. In Hi-Point's favor, though: I could say exactly the same thing about the SIG, 'Mosquito' - Pot metal junk!

12. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Well if you go to the major shoots you will see high end revolvers jam (had a new Ruger Security Six jam on me. But just about any revolver make and model at the major shoots has jammed). You will see high end (Dare I say Wilson?) 1911s jam or not work period. You will see low end 1911s (Kimber) jam. You will see pistols blow up (Glock) and be totally destroyed. I keep hearing of a working Lee LoadMaster but have never see one. Dave Schovil or Handloader/Rifle mags said the same thing in print. I'll see a Big Foot (Backwoodsman publ. Charlie Richie keeps pushing the idea, although no one seems to show me the body!) before I see a working Lee Loadmaster!

13. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

NSFW... warning... (Language)

Wish I could afford one...;)

14. Tyler Danann

Tyler Danann Monkey+

With a $4300 price tag! I'll pass much as I like the Hi-point over 4 grand is a bridge too far.

15. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The Hi-Point 995TS is a decent buy. I like it. I have a YouTube video on how to disassemble and reassemble it, gets tons of views, so I know folks are interested. I also used ProMag magazines in it, they work great after a little modification. I do not like how bulky and heavy the carbine is, also hate the iron sights so I removed them and went with an optic. Definitely not my "go to" firearm, but it definitely is tough as nails and works well.

16. Yard Dart

Care to share a link to the vid my friend?!

17. Brokor

Sure. Hi-Point tear-down: -LINK- Hi-Point Magazine Modification: -LINK-

BlueDuck, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  18. Yard Dart

Nice job @broker!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!!!

Brokor likes this.
  19. Brokor

Here's a quick range test with the ProMag magazines...

Yard Dart likes this.
  20. Yard Dart

MMMM private link.....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7