Hi-Point C9 9mm Pistol!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tyler Danann, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

You can't see it? Changed it to unlisted.

Yard Dart likes this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Check that... working now!!

Brokor likes this.
  3. Yard Dart

What is the site you used on yours? Nice paint by the way.....

4. Brokor

Thanks, I used Russian camo colors and Duracoat for the paint. That particular sight is not an Eotech, but a very nicely made red dot linked here years ago by somebody, perhaps it was Quigs, can't remember. It held up fine, but I had trouble with being able to see the holographic reticule in daylight, just like the real Eotech problem, so I ditched it. I even used a tactical scope on the 995TS, and a couple different red dots/holo sights, but I didn't like any of them. I finally settled on a Bushnell red dot I think.

DSC00041.JPG Nope, sorry. It's a BSA red-dot. Works fantastic, too. Best I have used yet for this carbine.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Tyler Danann and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Tyler Danann

Tyler Danann Monkey+

6. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

I've been wanting to add that 9mm carbine to my cache for awhile.

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I could tell you horror stories.

8. Yard Dart

Tell us please.....some of us have these as well and any lessons learned worth sharing is good.

kellory and madmax like this.
  9. Brokor

I've had a couple calls in the past few years to repair these 995TS carbines for my local gunsmith. He doesn't normally work on newer rifles that much these days, he's getting old. Anyway, both times it was the firing pin getting worn down inside the bolt, lots of chipped material from excess wear due to poor cleaning and debris. These carbines can be run dirty, but it's not advised for long term use. Buy an extra firing pin and keep that puppy clean and lubed. The entire receiver is manufactured with heavy materials, it's a solid performer, but tolerances are not the highest standard. For it being American made, you do get plenty for your Dollar.

Yard Dart likes this.
  10. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I have personally seen all of the Hi Point issues that are rumored abut them. Magazine Latches breaking all the time, the frames breaking in half. Stuff like that.

11. Brokor

I say B.S.

[BSf]

12. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Can you provide some links for these problems. Can't seem to find more than a couple references. Yeah, I own and shoot hi points.

13. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I have watched two of them being shot that had the frames...fall apart, for lack of a better term. A carbine with the magazine latch problem, as well as one of the 9mm. If this wasn't the internet, I could drag up witnesses. Say...5-7 years ago? One of my buddies and all of his buddies bought them, over a 2-3 year span, and all of them broke except one, and they went to jail trading that one for drugs...

14. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

So...did none of them send them in for repair/warranty work? They do have a lifetime warranty after all. I also understand that while there were some issues (nothing even approaching the number implied above though), reliability, which was the biggest complaint, has improved.

I do not own any Hi-Point firearm, so I have less than zero invested in this but I am curious.

Brokor and Yard Dart like this.
  15. Yard Dart

I have two of the 9mm versions and just bought a .45 version that has not been shot yet. The 9mm units work great with no issues to date. As Brokor stated, keep them clean and lubed, they will provide reliable service.

Tyler Danann and Homer Simpson like this.
  16. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

With no personal stake in it myself, I can only tell you that. I am not sure if one of the guns only shot at a 45 degree angle (which I KNOW sounds like bull....), but that was the only way the owner said he could get it to shoot, while I know he was holding the mag in.I do not know if he was just trying to be gangster or not, but other parts of the gun were broken, so idk. You couldn't have paid me to shoot it to find out.

For the record, I have seen a .45 Hi Point that ran reliably and fine, and I have some kinfolk who own one. Hits and misses I guess.

17. Yard Dart

Shoot's only at a 45 angle.... what! He either was a moron, the story is bunk, or he was to lazy to get it repaired!!

Why would a person not take advantage of the lifetime warranty..... :rolleyes:

For us that are concerned about what may come at any given time, fixing stuff immediately once found to be broken or defective should be very high on your list.... like right at the top!! And if a manufacture stands behind their product, why would a person not utilize that warranty..... makes no sense to me.

Homer Simpson and oldawg like this.
  18. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I can guarantee you that a lifetime warranty was something none of us were aware of (and the local gun shop likes to keep it that way). I had no idea until I read it on here today.

19. Yard Dart

Warranty Info - Hipoint Firearms Forums

Check out the Hi-Point Of Service
    About Hi-Point Firearms

Brokor likes this.
  20. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Years ago when looking for affordable "loaner" pistols it was Hi Points warranty that sold me. I use firearms regularly and expect a lot of mine. Interestingly enough in the years of owning and firing several thousand rounds through them both Hi Point pistols and a carbine I have never needed the warranty. Can't say that about some other "top shelf" guns I've owned. A Colt model 70 was sent in over a barrel bushing so tight it locked it up and an M1A (Springfield) that had to have the chamber reamed and re headspaced. Not a big disappointment as all firearms are machines and subject to failures.The only Hi Point failures have been with aftermarket mags and certain hollowpoint rounds. Those same rounds wouldn't feed in my Colt either without throat polishing. For the new prepper who is most certainly on a budget I don't hesitate to recommend them as a starting point. I DO recommend a new owner of ANY make of gun to strip and inspect it before use and test it for reliability with a couple hundred rounds downrange.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7