Hi-Point C9 9mm Pistol!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tyler Danann, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

All great posts. Yes, the durability of Hi-Point has been through severe testing. In fact, I do not recommend doing most of the things I have seen people do. I have not seen one broken yet under normal use.

Don't ever try this...you know.

2. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Well I for one am amazed. Amazed I say! No stupidity? No "I never shot one but in my opinion...." (it doesn't matter that the poster is an idiot who has no opinion of course...), just "well the one I have/tried worked fine." This would never do over at survivalistboards.com where the same three/four losers post stupidities to nearly very thread with, well, stupidities. The Hi-Point thread has one of the above azz-hats that knows nothing (or at least out of the several hundred posts he puts up near daily and constantly about things he admits he knows nothing about he has shown no signs of knowing anything) who has taken over the thread to post insults and, well, stupidity. Doesn't matter if he has ever seen a Hi-Point (or any other gun for that matter) he is an expert and is willing to post endlessly about Hi-Points, (and everything else for that matter) with zero knowledge.

Hi-Points - ugly? Yes. Clunky? Yes. Heavy? Yes. Works out of the box? Usually and the one I have does, so it beat every Kimber I have ever seen right there! AND at 1/5 the price!

3. Skybase

Skybase Monkey

Does anyone know where one could find an aftermarket trigger for the c9 9mm pistol ? I've been looking all over online and nothing but the original pistol trigger. I hate this trigger firstly because it curves too much. My fat finger presses primarily on the bottom point of the trigger which becomes very uncomfortable very quickly. The other thing I don't like is the cheap plastic feel of the trigger. I'd love to change this out but haven't found anything yet. So, hoping..... Anyone?

4. Brokor

As far as I know there are no aftermarket parts for the Hi-Point firearms. I think it has something to do with their lifetime warranty and stubbornness to accept anything other than their own product. I do know they've recently allowed a certain type of aftermarket magazine to be used, but that may be limited to certain calibers. No triggers out there for Hi-Point besides factory, sorry to say.

Maybe that may change one day.

Skybase and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Skybase

Skybase Monkey

I was hopeful as I've seen so many aftermarket grips and such... But I'm beginning to feel that you're right. This trigger is just....painfully (literally) poorly designed, imo

Brokor likes this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Can you bend it?
    ETA: Not a chance. File it.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Brokor likes this.
  7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

If you want a better trigger, you may have to fork over the cash for a better firearm than a Hi-Point....just sayin.
    I have a couple on hand.... they are what you pay for, wrinkles and all. :)

Brokor likes this.
  8. Skybase

Skybase Monkey

Well this may be true, but I was hopeful. Obviously it's a cheap gun, but I've been very impressed with it's reliability especially in comparison to some other pistols I have...including Ruger. And I know that there isn't a lot of aftermarket for this gun but I've been surprised in the past. And with such a horrid trigger... Haha :p

9. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

Hi-Point pistols have other issues, too. At somewhere around 1,000 fired rounds (Which ain't much, OK!) the slide and striker start to develop cracks—Cracks that often prevent the striker from moving freely; and a return to the factory is mandatory.

I know people can be stupid; I mean somebody voted for Obama—Didn't they? The same thing is true of Hi-Point pistols. They're cheap, cast, pot metal junk. The service life on a Hi-Point pistol is extremely limited; the reliable service life is virtually non-existent; and, let's face it, nobody in his right mind would do something as stupid as trusting his life to a Hi-Point anything.

At a gun range using one of these pistols can embarrass an owner; but out on the street using a Hi-Point pistol can get you killed; and, as has already been noted, there is absolutely no resale value for a Hi-Point.

10. Brokor

I tend to agree with you on some of your points. I don't believe the carbines are junk, but they aren't the best out there, either. For the money they are great for sporting use. As for the pistols, I personally wouldn't stake my life on them, but they can take a ridiculous beating. However, in the long term, I also believe they aren't the best option out there even for the price. Simply calling them "junk" really isn't completely accurate. I guess to summarize, I choose to save a little more and buy a higher quality firearm, especially for self defense. For plinking, there's nothing wrong with an American made Hi-Point anything, especially when we factor in the low cost. (Just be aware they have a full lifetime but strict warranty and you cannot alter the firearm or use after market magazines unless they are explicitly listed.)

Yard Dart and ghrit like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7