Hiding in plain sight.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by VisuTrac, Dec 11, 2012.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Just an interesting idea.
    64629_499587680073428_1222488428_n.
    64629_499587680073428_1222488428_n.

tulianr likes this.
  2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Looks like a red neck gun cabinet to me!

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

What, No Beer.......

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

There's an excellent book out by Joe Nobody that goes over how to set your house up like it has been looted. The thought is that hopefully, looters will see that your house has already been visited and pass it by.

Holding Your Ground: Preparing for Defense if it All Falls Apart: Joe Nobody: 9780615497556: Amazon.com: Books

He also has a series out that is really good. I think it's called Holding Their Own. It starts a little slow, but after that, it's a real page-turner. I read all of the books over a weekend and was bummed out when I was finished.

VisuTrac likes this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Trust me, I know exactly what you mean. Then I remember, Amazon is open 24 hours and the monkey can get a cut if you use the link in the banner at the top!

6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Cool idea.

The man who built this house was an architect who didn't enjoy the idea of wasting space.
    After we moved in we discovered a slick hiding place.

7. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

I built a mantel in my old house with a hinge top, just big enough to hold a 12 ga and a box of shells.

[​IMG]
    When we sold the house, I put a gift certificate in it for new locks from the Hardware store I worked at and left clues throughout the house.

I have often thought of just doing specialty carpentry to build secret compartments for those who wish not to have items in view. It would be a lot of fun and everything would be custom

hmm..pics not working.....help??

8. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

Thank you Tracy

trying again later

chelloveck likes this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Worked that time, neat trick.

10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Ah crap- no food in the damn fridge..... just some pea shooters....mmmm maybe this will work after-all, empty the fridge.[patr]

11. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Fridge/freezer is not a good place to hide valuables. My grandmother showed me when I was a little kid about hiding money in the freezer. I'm sure most burglars check this.

Yard Dart likes this.
  12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[quote="cdnboy66, post: 243153, member: 3743"

trying again[/quote]

The piano shows promise for a concealed in plain view hidey place....I would think I could hide a .50 cal Barret in a Grand Piano...with enough room to spare to play apegios!

tulianr likes this.
  13. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Fridge ? Burgulars would never think to check for beer ! [tongue]

14. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Nice places. A bud's home was hit a few yrs ago and he said they found every shooter he had plus even stealing some of his son's clothes. They caught the two perps and got some of his shooters back. Turned out to be a "random" robbery---on their way back home from the court house for B&E. Have camera's set now and will take care of business personally if it happens again. Have been broken into numerous times and never recovered one item--nothing--nada. Even smokey said that the chances of them getting caught were very slim. Was visiting a bud's home couple yrs back and he showed me his rack mounted onto the wall. Shooters were nice but nothing super--he then swung the rack open and there were his prizes--just enough to make one's mouth water--lol. At another's home was an empty gun case with a big note taped to the door---" you are too late--they have already been stolen".

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7