High-Protein Diet 'Risky as Smoking' for Middle-Aged

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by tulianr, Mar 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Finster

Finster Simplify, I'd say more but this says it all.

Ah, Duh. Did I say they were the same? I was implying for years they have been trying to get us to switch from butter to healthier margarine... yet margarine is chemically similar to the dreaded "Oreo poison" saturated fats... and the Lies just keep coming.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I wasn't referring to you saying anything, I was stating it just in case someone else didn't under stand.

3. Finster

Finster Simplify, I'd say more but this says it all.

Sorry, maybe i was a bit edgy :) They should do a study on edginess and BBS, and the stress induced cancer it causes. Sounds like a multi-million dollar grant coming down the congressional sewer pipe that they have been flushing money down for years. Wait I'm off on another stress inducing rant.... WTH is causing this? Can someone do a study already, i'd happily fund it through new taxes.. WAIT ! STOP IT! I did not mean that, no more F@#$ing studies OK?

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Lets get real... studies show that:
    Bacon will kill you,
    eggs will kill you,
    don't eat the fruit because it's covered in some fungicide,
    don't eat grains because they might be genetically modified,
    sex can kill you (aids, STD's some one else's significant other... etc).

So when I die it will be with a full belly and a smile on my face....

YMMV

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Mine as well. I've said it before, if eating things that make me dread dinner will make me live longer, I would rather enjoy my food and die sooner.

6. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Make sure you enjoy your slot on that timeline.

kellory likes this.
  7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I never put any stock in these studies. I have seen them come and go. What's good for you today will kill you tomorrow.
    I always think about my Granddad. He ate bacon and eggs every morning, chewed Beechnut tobacco all day and drank whiskey every evening. He died at the young age of 95.
    When his doctor told him he had to quit drinking whiskey and chewing tobacco I asked him what he was going to do. His response was "I'm gonna find a new damn doctor that's what."
    I stopped by his house one afternoon and he was sitting on the porch with a glass of whiskey. He said "Come on in here and fix yerself a drink, we're celebratin". I asked what he was celebrating and he said "You remember that doctor that told me I had to quit drinkin and chewin tobacca? Well that sumbitch died yesterday! Guess I showed him huh?"

8. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

The dreded transfats. Take a normal polyunsaturated fat (a normal, naturally occurring fat that is needed by the body) and under pressure force feed it hydrogen until it is no longer an unsaturated fat. The result is something between a saturated fat and unsaturated fat- and is as unnatural and alien to our body as plastic. Our body doesn't know what to do with it, so it just stores it away as a toxin, and rarely is able to break it down properly.

Falcon15 likes this.
  9. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I'm eating my bacon and cheese to celebrate this study ;)

oldawg and Yard Dart like this.
  10. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

[​IMG]

CaboWabo5150 and Brokor like this.
  1. jefferson
  2. jefferson
  3. DarkLight
  4. Hillbilly549
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Motomom34
  7. Big Ron